Booting from a array on Intel Intel p4000m and Intel S2600CP motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jtann45

Nov 30, 2021
I am building a server for my family so they can access all of our movies, TV shows, Pictures, Home videos on plex. Originally this machine was a Red Hat Linux server for a inventory management software as well as for a NAS. I took out all of the old parts which were nothing to write home about. I added in dual E5-2667 v2 with Noctua coolers, 64 gigs of ram DDR3 1600 ecc 8 8gig sticks, 5 4tb Ironwolf pro drives and a 1tb WD red 2.5" ssd. It has a LSI mega raid card I am not sure exactly which model, anyway I made 2 arrays in the LSI bios the 5 Ironwolf drives are in raid 5 in array 0 and in array 1 is the WD red ssd in raid 0. I used my USB with windows server 2019 on to install it on the wd red, both Virtual disks appeared in the windows installer and I installed windows server on the wd red. For some reason the BIOS would not boot to that 2nd array, is this because there is only 1 drive in that array? Should I just re install windows? Should I just use the on board sata ports on the board? I am almost done just need some assistance with this please.