Blender network rendering w/ OpenCL

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just wanted to see if anyone e.g. @renderpockets or others has ever setup blender rendering over the network to a Windows Server running OpenCL.

I have the master, slave and can connect a client and do rendering on the Windows server, I just need a way to validate it is using OpenCL on the remote server.

Any ideas on how I can see this?

upload_2015-10-8_6-24-13.png

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
When I first started with Blender for archviz, I would have never guessed that GPU accelerated network rendering would work so well in Blender. I used to have a 20 node farm with a bunch of Q9500 machines (core2quad). It was still glacially slow with complex scenes and drew a ton of power. I'd love to hear more info about your test.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Patrick, could you tell us how you found out that it was indeed using OpenCL on that server?
Two methods really:
1. Power consumption jumped over 900w so I knew it was not the CPUs only or CPUs plus one card.
2. A 3 min 45s render took under 30s after I got it working.

Regards,
Patrick

Taco

May 30, 2015
Two methods really:
1. Power consumption jumped over 900w so I knew it was not the CPUs only or CPUs plus one card.
2. A 3 min 45s render took under 30s after I got it working.

Regards,
Patrick
Hah! You used the brain, I should have done that too ;)
Thanks for the reply.