BLAZING INFERNO HOT - Hitachi HUSSL4040ASS600 $99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
I picked up 10 of these from original listing and just haven't had the time to make good use of them. They are still sitting in the box I received them in (and still 520 formatted...).

If anyone is interested in picking up the whole set, drop me a PM. I'd sell for price I paid + shipping + paypal fees -> basically just willing to pass along the deal without losing money. If nobody interested in the next day or so, I'll throw them on ebay. :)

edit: Pending to T_Minus. Thanks for all the PMs!

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Haha, right :-D

No bueno, my 8 hussl4040's are happily running 40+ vSphere VMs :p

solaris12

Jul 3, 2013
I picked up 10 of these from original listing and just haven't had the time to make good use of them. They are still sitting in the box I received them in (and still 520 formatted...).

If anyone is interested in picking up the whole set, drop me a PM. I'd sell for price I paid + shipping + paypal fees -> basically just willing to pass along the deal without losing money. If nobody interested in the next day or so, I'll throw them on ebay. :)
I want 10 of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hsben

Sep 10, 2014
F you guys for necroing this thread and making me think I could get some of these. lol

solaris12

Jul 3, 2013

Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cipher

Aug 8, 2014
Did you guys find any good use for the Hitachi sleds they shipped these in or are they pretty much garbage?

Also, these drives are packaged in a silver shell and are bigger (ie taller) than the intel s3700's I own. I'm putting all my drives in a SM 846 chassis and for the SSD's I'm using the 3.5" to 2.5" HDD Tray - part MCP-220-00043-0N. However, when I put these Hitachi's in the tray the mounting holes don't line up and the top of the SSD sticks up over the top of the tray. Any ideas?

josh

Oct 21, 2013

Guess I should have subscribed to this thread...
For future reference: If anyone else wants to get rid of theirs I'm looking.

abq

May 23, 2015
I would be thrilled to find 4 more, and let someone name my next born for 8 ;)