Blade Network RackSwitch G8000F 48 Port Switch w/ 10GbE Uplink Module - 84.99 OBO + shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mrrensing01

Dec 9, 2015
Pinout for the console cable is in one of the manuals. I made one from an old USB cable and a DB9 kit. I can dig out the PDF later if you're up for making one and can't find the pinout. Didn't take more than 10 minutes and I soldered...

Reactions: adnan

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
Is this what the pinout is? I got it from the installation guide. Do you think you can make me two and mail them to me for a nominal fee? $10 - $15?

Pin number Function
Pin 1 No connect
Pin 2 RS232-SIN
Pin 3 RS232_SOUT
Pin 4 No connect
Pin 5 Ground
The console cable provides an RJ-45 connector (see Table 4 on page 8 for RJ-45
pin assignments). A retention clip is available to secure the console connection.
The following table describes the pin assignments for the RJ-45 connector on the
console cable.
Table 6. Console connector wiring
D9 Pin number Wire Mini-USB
Pin 2 Black Pin 3
Pin 3 White Pin 2
Pin 5 Green Pin 5​

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
Did I scare you away. Ok, Ok, maybe $10 - $15 is a little too nominal. I guess I'll go ahead and get one from Amazon or Ebay. The offer is still open if you are interested.

mrrensing01

Dec 9, 2015
Haha...nah, didn't scare me away. Sorry, at a wedding out in the country and don't have great reception.

I'll mail you the one I made no charge, just PM me the address you want it sent to. I don't have any more DB9 kits so I'd have to order more if you needed more than one. I'll PM you my email/phone and we can work something out if you need more.

Reactions: adnan

Arion

May 11, 2017
I picked up one of these switches but did a total bastardized job on the console cable. Just chopped old USB and DB9 cables and twisted the wires based on pinouts. It worked though :) Even was able to do a XMODEM firmware upload.

BTW the switch I bought didn't have a 10G module in it. They seem to be in short supply - anyone have any luck acquiring one?

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
Haha...nah, didn't scare me away. Sorry, at a wedding out in the country and don't have great reception.

I'll mail you the one I made no charge, just PM me the address you want it sent to. I don't have any more DB9 kits so I'd have to order more if you needed more than one. I'll PM you my email/phone and we can work something out if you need more.
THANKS!!
I can confirm that I am not scary.

I am pming you my address, number, etc.

Really, really appreciate this.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I picked up one of these switches but did a total bastardized job on the console cable. Just chopped old USB and DB9 cables and twisted the wires based on pinouts. It worked though :) Even was able to do a XMODEM firmware upload.

BTW the switch I bought didn't have a 10G module in it. They seem to be in short supply - anyone have any luck acquiring one?
I picked mine up with the module installed because the modules themselves, back when I was purchasing, was more than the entire switch + module.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
My console cable kit from Amazon just shipped. I went ahead and got it from them since it wasn't too expensive.

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
My console cable kit from Amazon just shipped. I went ahead and got it from them since it wasn't too expensive.
Can you let me know if it works with the switch. I've got 2 of these switches, and will go ahead and get the cable.

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
I went ahead and got one of those cables too. I can't believe I lost the password I had set on it.

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
Yeah it works with my G8000 and my G8124.
Good to hear. I bought mine the other day.

And expected ship date is Sept, 25, then another 3- 5 days. I've ordered stuff from Fiberstore shipped from China and it arrives faster then this.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
One thing I feel is worth mentioning is that the little metal retention clip on the mini USB plug needed to be removed for me to use it with my switches. It's simple though. The manual / paper you get with it says that on the switch there's a slot right above the console port that it goes into for retention, however, neither of my switches are like this. It's probably only a thing on newer models. No big deal.