Black Friday wish list

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
Anything in particular? Even non-server stuff. I assume the good stuff will show up in the deals section.

I want to get into sous vide, that's my wish list item [emoji6].

Reactions: Jeggs101

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
I'm not going to have the resources to pick up anything for Black Friday this year. Saving for a better house, with a proper server room. But if I could, I'd like to see some great deals on 1TB SSDs. I've got 8 slots that I want to populate and start up a vSAN.

Reactions: markpower28

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I'm not going to have the resources to pick up anything for Black Friday this year. Saving for a better house, with a proper server room. But if I could, I'd like to see some great deals on 1TB SSDs. I've got 8 slots that I want to populate and start up a vSAN.
The SanDisk Ultra II 960GB for $199 is pretty sweet that's in the deals forum

Reactions: Patrick

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I'm after loads of stuff this year, for the server I'm after some cheap HGST 4TB NAS drives, the wife wants a fitbit or something like that and the kids want more things than Bank of Canada could fund, but I suppose for myself, he says looking at his credit card, I wouldn't turn down a deal on a Dewalt DW735X Planer for the workshop :)

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
WD Red 6TB for $150 or less. That would be my doorbuster. Need to reduce spindles.

uOpt

Dec 12, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
A 64 bit SPARC machine with 2+ CPUs and the updated memory model, whichever release of SPARC that was. I think all 64 bit SPARC have the memory model with easier consistency so all I have to do is snipe Ebay better.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Well, so how did we all do on our wish lists?

I think WD must be greasing palms or something, I didn't find a single deal on any HGST drives, beyond what was already out there, but loads of WD drives on sale at decent money. My wife didn't get her fitbit either. The deals on them were pretty poor and having to spend the tiny saving on fuel to go and collect it, it's not really a deal. I snagged a new dewalt laser level that I wasn't looking for, because as it happened, I had a need for one the same day, but no tempting deals for me on the planer that I want. Oh well, roll on the Boxing Day sales :)

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Funny you mentioning streaming sticks, I had expected to see a few deals on the Roku's this year, but again, the cupboard seems bare. If those had popped up at reasonable money I would have grabbed a couple for the kids.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I got a Sammy 850 EVO 500GB for the laptop for $149.99 from NewEgg/eBay (eBay bux + I had $72 in PayPal for some RAM I sold & forgot about). Also got an Nvidia Shield + Remote for $175 from Amazon.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Couple evos, couple 750s, 980 ti, amazon stick, 850 pro for the wife's laptop, 950 pro for my workstation, and some gifts for the kids.

Never left the house :)