Biostar A68N-2100 does not boot with (Intel) Nic

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

suq

Feb 1, 2020
Hey fellas,

I bought this board to build a personal pfsense firewall. Problem is that it does not boot when an Intel Nic is plugged in. I've tested two Intel pro/1000 pt (one with one port and one with two ports). The only thing happening is that the fan from the PSU (Rackable 3F27-45-1) is pulsing (as if it gets power for a few milliseconds). First I thought it's a PCIe issue but it starts with an IBM hba (borrowed from my OMV server run by the same mobo) like a charm.

I already reset the bios/uefi to no avail.

Do you have suggestions where I can take a look at?

Please let me know if you need further information.

Greetings,
Suq

nicenemo

Sep 4, 2020
Hey fellas,

I bought this board to build a personal pfsense firewall. Problem is that it does not boot when an Intel Nic is plugged in. I've tested two Intel pro/1000 pt (one with one port and one with two ports). The only thing happening is that the fan from the PSU (Rackable 3F27-45-1) is pulsing (as if it gets power for a few milliseconds). First I thought it's a PCIe issue but it starts with an IBM hba (borrowed from my OMV server run by the same mobo) like a charm.

I already reset the bios/uefi to no avail.

Do you have suggestions where I can take a look at?

Please let me know if you need further information.

Greetings,
Suq
Does it boot without that nic plugged in? 450 Watt seems enough to me? Did you try it with a 500+ Watt desktop PSU?

My experience:

I recently bought two of these boards and build one into mini PC with a PicoPSU. I noticed that it would not start with a 120Watt 12V brick but does start with a 200 Watt 12V brick and more beefier PicoPSU. I trouble shootet it with a 500 Watt desktop PSU.

I am curious what you paid for them and why you think it was a good deal. I bought two for EU 30,- each excluding EU 8 shipping. Looking at Project Tiny mini Micro it might not be a good deal when adding other components and shipping costs.