BIOS Update Dell C1100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ZiPPy

Apr 19, 2017
I stumbled across this thread here esxi 6.0 drops support for dell C1100/C2100 NOOOOOOOOOO!! talking about a couple issues I'm having. The first was getting the NIC to have the ability to do passthrough, and second I found that I can install ESX 6.0 on the C1100. I was under the impression I couldn't, but looks like I can

My issue is I can't get this thing to boot up so I can install the updated BIOS that's required. I followed this video, but it doesn't work for me. I don't get the same prompt asking to press Ctrl H or Crtl Y (at 3:00 on the video).

Video:

Glad I came across this forum, looks like a great resource.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

Apr 19, 2017
Thank you b3nz0n8!

I'm thinking it has to do with how I setup the USB stick. I don't think I did it right, therefore it's not booting from it. It's the the correct files on it, but for whatever reason it won't boot from it. I got the menu to select which disk to boot, and I selected USB. This should be so easy. It's really annoying.

ZiPPy

Apr 19, 2017
Or am I suppose to enter a command to be able to access the contents of the USB, and not directly boot from the USB. In that video is looks like it asks something prior to him browsing the USB directory.

So I did this first Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive

And then I dropped the BIOS folder, BMC folder, DELLBIO.bin and DELLRMK.bin on the USB drive.

Last edited:

ZiPPy

Apr 19, 2017
any thoughts? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, as this should of worked.