Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cy384

Aug 19, 2022
cy384.com
if you got a SOIC8 clip it should take you less than 10 minutes - to pull the dump from the FRU eeprom, blank the password hash and write it back. no need to wait for the BDI
Thanks!! I got one and changed the password hash, letting me back in to u-boot!

Also, I posted my 3d printable 120mm fan mounts over in another thread, running very smoothly and quietly now.

Reactions: Stephan

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
I am currently writing an open source parser for Mellanox FRU files (with the goal of eventually being able to write our own custom chassis FRU files, etc...)

I'll upload it to github as soon as I have something, but in the meantime: It would be good to have some more backplate FRU files (both EMC and stock) to test my parser. So if you wanna help me out, feel free to shoot me a PM :)

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
Here's the relevant section in the ini file :

[fan]

fan_en=1

fan0_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80
;;fan1_pwm_duty_cycle=0x1a
fan2_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80
;;fan3_pwm_duty_cycle=0x1a
;;fan4_pwm_duty_cycle=0x1a
;;fan5_pwm_duty_cycle=0x1a
;;fan6_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80
;;fan7_pwm_duty_cycle=0x1a
;;fan8_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80
;;fan9_pwm_duty_cycle=0x1a

fan0_lo_limit_rpm=0x200
;;fan1_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
fan2_lo_limit_rpm=0x200
;;fan3_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
;;fan4_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
;;fan5_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
;;fan6_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
;;fan7_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
;;fan8_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000
;;fan9_lo_limit_rpm=0x1000

the commented out are defaults/unused, I've left them there for reference.

What you need, quick'n'dirty :

[fan]
fan_en=1
fan0_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80
fan2_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80
fan0_lo_limit_rpm=0x200
fan2_lo_limit_rpm=0x200

The original fans are high quality Delta's and with the settings above - your mileage may vary - the switch is almost as silent as the Cisco 4948 above it.

You could try 1a for the duty_cycle parm for a bit more noise and lower temps .
You need to check the environment, temps etc. Mine never goes above 40C with environment around 25C.
Take it as a starting point, mine runs like this since Feb 2017. I remember that I've come to those values through some trials.
I'd check the console, but I never got around to finish the conversion and I don't have a serial connected.

Now that I'm "grounded" by the virus, I've (re)started old projects, finishing up others etc. ;)

Please PM the missing "magic" from the conversion guide, if you cannot say it in public. I know I've put out some info and now you can't get any firmware "source" files to build for yourself, only binaries ...
@Gabriel Mateiciuc quite curious about fan0_pwm_duty_cycle=0x80 , the origin is 0x1a=26, now 0x80=128, why the fan rpm is reduced?

buck1138

Mar 8, 2023
This is for anybody that finds this huge thread and want to skip most of the out of date info and just get a clean updated switch

Hello All, Thought I would post my experience successfully converting my EMC SX6018 using the guide here...

Converting Mellanox EMC switch to SX6012.docx

I originally flashed using the "hacky" guide but this updated guide works much better and gives you a "real" install.

I was able to do the update using a MAC with the built in apache server and tftp server to host the necessary files (It should be equally easy on linux)
You don't need php or anything fancy in apache, just the ability to host files

All the files needed are linked in the above doc.

Once you successfully flash the first image you can just use the web gui to continually update to the next version

I had a few updated versions refuse to start (hung on initializing), when that happened I just booted back to the last version and moved on to the next one and it worked fine. I wonder if I could have jumped directly to the last version but I did all versions except for two.

There is lots of information on this thread about updating fans but here is the best way to control fan speed

Code:
/opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 1 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
/opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 2 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
/opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 3 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
/opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 4 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
/opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/PS1/FAN" fan_number int8 1 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
/opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/PS2/FAN" fan_number int8 1 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
you can throw it in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local script to start at boot
To do this you need to login to the switch, enable changes, and run # _shell
check where the current mount point is by running
mount
then you can remount the root partition with the following command
mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock7 /

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
touch /var/lock/subsys/local

echo "Waiting for clusterd"
COUNT=1
while true
do
    CMD=$(ps aux|grep "/[o]pt/tms/bin/clusterd")
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        sleep 30
        let COUNT=${COUNT}+1
        if [ $COUNT -gt 10 ]; then
            echo "time out, aborting"
            break
        fi
    else
        sleep 60
        echo "Changing fan speed"
        /opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 1 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
        /opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 2 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
        /opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 3 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
        /opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/FAN/FAN" fan_number int8 4 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
        /opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/PS1/FAN" fan_number int8 1 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
        /opt/tms/bin/mdreq action /system/chassis/actions/set-fan-speed fan_module string "/PS2/FAN" fan_number int8 1 fan_speed int8 27 set_max uint8 50
        break
     fi
done

Last edited:

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Code:
Data block Type = 0, extra_id = 1, Number of fields: 3
Fields:
Field 0: Name "SANITIFIER", minor_version 1, offset 8, length 4, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 1: Name "B1START", minor_version 1, offset 12, length 1, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 2: Name "B1TYPE", minor_version 1, offset 12, length 1, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM

Data block Type = 1, extra_id = 0, Number of fields: 10
Fields:
Field 0: Name "SN", minor_version 1, offset 8, length 24, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 1: Name "PN", minor_version 1, offset 32, length 20, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 2: Name "REV", minor_version 1, offset 52, length 4, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 3: Name "RESERVED", minor_version 1, offset 56, length 1, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_RESERVED
Field 4: Name "MFG_DATE", minor_version 1, offset 57, length 3, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 5: Name "PROD_NAME", minor_version 1, offset 60, length 64, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 6: Name "HW_MGT_ID", minor_version 2, offset 124, length 3, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 7: Name "HW_MGT_REV", minor_version 2, offset 127, length 1, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 8: Name "SW_MGT_ID", minor_version 3, offset 128, length 4, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 9: Name "SYS_DISPLAY", minor_version 3, offset 132, length 16, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII

Data block Type = 253, extra_id = 0, Number of fields: 10
Fields:
Field 0: Name "SN", minor_version 1, offset 20, length 22, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 1: Name "PN", minor_version 1, offset 42, length 20, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 2: Name "REV", minor_version 1, offset 62, length 4, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 3: Name "BID", minor_version 1, offset 66, length 2, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 4: Name "CPUT", minor_version 1, offset 68, length 32, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII
Field 5: Name "RESERVED", minor_version 1, offset 100, length 1, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_RESERVED
Field 6: Name "OUI", minor_version 1, offset 101, length 3, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 7: Name "MAC0", minor_version 1, offset 104, length 6, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 8: Name "MAC1", minor_version 1, offset 110, length 6, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_NUM
Field 9: Name "HWNAME", minor_version 1, offset 116, length 16, info_type FIT_NORMAL, data_type DT_ASCII

There is progress on the FRU Decoder / Encoder project :) I was able to extract the field definitions, I'm now starting work on the actual decoding routine

Kahooli

Dec 3, 2022
Sorry if I missed this elsewhere in docs or this thread -it's been a hell of a read so far.

Does the license generation described work for any feature? ie gateway UPGR-6018-GW

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Kahooli

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
How to generate a license code is easy. How to sell it on ebay and get away with it - that's more interesting.
I wish @cw823 would give pointers.

Kahooli

Dec 3, 2022
Well I just received my EMC branded sx6018, so we'll see if I can successfully convert it!
It's funny that the EMC ones are a longer chassis than standard Mellanox - the amount of space wasted in this chassis is funny! They just added extender wires to the standard hot swap slots.

Last edited:

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
While the bind point is updated SX (presumably hardware) reports an error loading this ACL into active hal table, that's why even when in the config now, it has no action.

My bet, not supported in hardware of SX6012.

Wondering would it be different with SX6036? I don't see why would with the same SwitchX-2 chip but curious if someone with SX6036 could try create new acl and do bind-point rif.
I'd like to bump this, as I've run into the exact same problem.

SX6036, license with everything
Code:
Feature:          EFM_SX
   Description:      Generic SX license
   Valid:            yes
   Active:           yes
   IB enabled:       true
   Eth enabled:      true
   Eth L2 enabled:   true
   Eth L3 enabled:   true
   FCF enabled:      true
   Active ports number: 64
   GW ports number:  64
   Max num ufm ports supported: 64
Profile eth-single-switch

I'd like to attach some ACLs to Layer 3 Interfaces, but to no avail:
Code:
core-6036-1 [core-mlag: master] (config) # ipv4 access-list foobar
core-6036-1 [core-mlag: master] (config ipv4 access-list foobar) # bind-point rif
% Unrecognized command "bind-point".
Type "?" for help.
ASIC is SwitchX-2 (Asic Rev. from show inventory is 2)

OS is 3.6.8012

EDIT:
Can confirm it does not work on SX6720 too (so it's not a PPC issue), works on SN2100 - So probably only supported on Spectrum :(

Last edited:

Kahooli

Dec 3, 2022
So I'm preparing to convert my SX6018 here and while I know the document is "not a guide" I'm wondering why one would go through the effort of serving up the MFG environment files over tftp and later with apache - there is a USB mfg environment and oem instructions included in the old firmware files from HPE. I am of course just getting started so I'm not sure if there are difference in the attached methods shown in UBOOT:

rather than
> run mfg_nodhcp
Which executes
Code:
mfg_nodhcp=echo "Manufacture will TFTP from directory ${mfg_root}${mfg_dir}, and boot";echo; run clear_filesize ; run
mfg_load;if test 0${filesize} -gt 0; then echo Booting mfg ; run mfg_args mfg_common_args;bootm ${kernel_addr_r}
${ramdisk_addr_r} ${fdt_addr_r} ; else ; echo Failed mfg load ; fi
why not
>run mfg_usb
Code:
mfg_usb=echo "Manufacture will load from USB directory ${mfg_usb_root}${mfg_usb_dir}, and boot"; echo; run clear_filesize ;
run mfg_usb_load; if test 0${filesize} -gt 0; then echo Booting mfg ; run mfg_args mfg_common_args;bootm ${kernel_addr_r}
${ramdisk_addr_r} ${fdt_addr_r} ; else ; echo Failed mfg load ; fi
It seems to me it would be easier to just toss everything onto a trusty USB2 drive rather than go through the extra effort - but again I'm just starting out - I didnt read and decode all the other environment variables to see that the two top level commands are indeed identical in execution.
"
Verify that the partition on the USB drive is formatted with FAT16,
not with NTFS or FAT32. Further, the partition must be less than
1900MB .
'

Code:
6) Plug the USB drive in to the appliance.  Power on the appliance.

7) Hit a key to stop U-boot auto boot.

8) Choose 'c' to enter the command prompt.  Depending on if and how the
   system was previously imaged, you may already be in the command
   prompt, denoted by "=> " .

9) Type "run mfg_usb" and hit enter.  The system will spend a while
   loading the required files off USB, and then boot.

If you get an error like:

## Error: "mfg_usb" not defined

You must first update the U-boot of the appliance.  How to do the
   U-boot update is outside the scope of this document.

10) Run manufacture.sh as usual.  The system image file is in the root
    directory, and is called "image.img" .  An example manufacture
    command is:

----------
       manufacture.sh -a -m echo2020d -f /image.img
    ----------

NOTE: if the build that produced this does NOT have the image as
        part of the root filesystem (customer.mk will have
        MKMFGUSB_ARGS=-e), you will have to first mount the first
        partition of the USB drive, typically /dev/sda1.  This approach
        may be quicker, as loading files off USB from u-boot is slower
        than it is in Linux.

11) Remove the USB drive, and reboot the appliance.
The likely answer is that maybe the EMC bootloader doesn't allow USB so you always have to update it of tftp first - so maybe continuing that way is natural.

Reactions: cy384

Kahooli

Dec 3, 2022
Okay so here is what I did to use >run mfg_usb:
Do the some of the things in the "documentation"

Code:
Use below commands to set up U-BOOT to be able to load the manufacturing environment
setenv mfg_ramdisk_size 180224
setenv mfg_extra_args ramdisk=262144
setenv autostart no
setenv autoload no
run boot_mlxlinux (this also runs a saveenv, so no need to run it after executing this)
Then unplug the switch.

Follow the advice from that help file above exactly except
Verify that the partition on the USB drive is formatted with FAT16, Further, the partition must be less than 1900MB . Only works in partion1, Dont split partitions.
Drop the same files that were discussed into the usb into a folder exactly named /mlnx460ex/ jsut as was described for the tftp method.The note from the manufacturer help file of "m460ex" is outdated or wrong. and this is obvious from the environement variables if you're smarter than me and look there first.
Code:
mfg_usb_dir=mlnx460ex
Put the USB in, plug in the switch

hit a key to get into the uboot shell.
and after you get into that shell DO ONLY, NOTHING ELSE SINCE BOOTING
Code:
run mfg_usb

Last edited:

Kahooli

Dec 3, 2022
You will indeed need to mount the USB yourself to use the image>

NOTE: if the build that produced this does NOT have the image as
part of the root filesystem (customer.mk will have
MKMFGUSB_ARGS=-e), you will have to first mount the first
partition of the USB drive, typically /dev/sda1.
This approach
may be quicker, as loading files off USB from u-boot is slower
than it is in Linux.
As shown in manufacture.sh
-f: specify a path in the local filesystem to the image to install"
echo " (alternative to -u)"
Code:
# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt
#ls -a /mnt

"USB contents printed"

/sbin/manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -B -f /mnt/image-PPC_M460EX-SX_3.4.0012.img
I don't know why I struggled to get the manufacture environment to mount the usb in the usual location but maybe it was just late and, admittedly, I'm a little new. I would have thought that booting it would have mounted it automatically - but its struggled unless I manually mounted it for some reason. You may find that the drive was already mounted to /var/mnt/usb1 and I jsut made a mistake. It worked the way I did it, but check the mount points first.
Code:
[CODE]#
#findmnt
#ls -a /var/mnt/usb1
# "USB contents printed"
#
#
#/sbin/manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -B -f /var/mnt/usb1/image-PPC_M460EX-SX_3.4.0012.img

Last edited:

Kahooli

Dec 3, 2022
After all the manufacture pains are done:
Updating from USB is actually pretty easy. The mellanox docs were of some use, but the CLI help menu was not!
All you need to do is drop to the admin shell, check the mount point of your USB, and then use this:
Code:
enable
_shell
findmnt (check that the usb drive is mounted to /var/mnt/usb1 )
ls -a /var/mnt/usb1   (check you can see your files)
cli
enable
config t
fetch scp://admin@localhost/var/mnt/usb1/image-PPC_M460EX-x.x.xxxx.img (and enter the dfault admin password)
The localhost fetch idea came from here.
I gotta say thought - extract image is painfully slow. All of this is painfully slow. At least now the fans have spun down

Last edited:

Carpenter

Apr 11, 2023
Germany
I've converted an EMC SX6012 switch for the first time, based on the conversion guide v1.2, considering the instructions for 3.6.8012.
I can login (via cli and gui) successfully, but the switch reboots every 5 minutes.

The switch logs the following:

May 20 14:00:21 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_handle_system_ready: system ready event arrived
May 20 14:00:21 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_db_set_general_field: Setting system state from:[HWd Ready] to:[System SW ready], because:[Ok]
May 20 14:00:21 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_handle_event_request: finished handling event:[/portd/events/system-ready] code:[0]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 portd[8262]: TID 1208141792: [portd.WARNING]: Daemon [IBD] failed to configure one of the ports of device [1, MGMT] Sends device error to hwd.
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 portd[8262]: TID 1208141792: [portd.WARNING]: Portd prepares device error event for device 1, MGMT/1
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 portd[8262]: TID 1208141792: [portd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/error-ack] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/SX] with status:[0]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 topo_mgr[8264]: TID 1216550032: [topod.NOTICE]: Received event:[/portd/events/port-enable-done]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.WARNING]: hwd_stm_handle_incoming_event: Handling error event on:[MGMT]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_handle_incoming_event: Handling event:[error-ack] status:[0] in state:[configure] for FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[SX]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[SX] from:[configure] to:[error], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.WARNING]: hwd_stm_error_flow: Device error flow for FRU:[MGMT] because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[SX] from:[error] to:[fatal], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/fatal] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/SX]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[QSFP_TEMP1] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/QSFP_TEMP1]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[QSFP_TEMP2] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/QSFP_TEMP2]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 ztpd[8251]: [ztpd.NOTICE]: handling event '/iss/events/iss-config-done'
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[QSFP_TEMP3] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/QSFP_TEMP3]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[BOARD_MONITOR] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/BOARD_MONITOR]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[CURR_MONITOR] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/CURR_MONITOR]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 portmond[8252]: TID 1216550032: [portmond.NOTICE]: handling /iss/events/iss-config-done event
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 ifd[8263]: TID 1208141664: [ifd.NOTICE]: handling event '/iss/events/iss-config-done'
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 ifd[8263]: TID 1208141664: [ifd.NOTICE]: handling iss-config-done event
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 ifd[8263]: TID 1208141664: [ifd.NOTICE]: ifd mgmt state changed to 'ready'
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 ifd[8263]: TID 1208141664: [ifd.NOTICE]: querying config tree '/ifd/config'
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 mgmtd[7880]: [mgmtd.NOTICE]: md_openflowd: Received /iss/events/iss-config-done
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[CPU_BOARD_MONITOR] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/CPU_BOARD_MONITOR]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[PS1] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/PS1]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[PS2] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/PS2]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[FAN1] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/FAN1]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[FAN2] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/FAN2]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[FAN3] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 smm[8337]: [smm.NOTICE]: smm_check_if_clusterd: err=0 act=configured
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/FAN3]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[FAN4] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/FAN4]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[FRU_EEPROM] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/FRU_EEPROM]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[FRU_FRU_EEPROM] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/FRU_FRU_EEPROM]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_nru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT], NRU:[LED] from:[ready] to:[not-present], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/not-present] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[MGMT/LED]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_set_fru_state: Moving FRU:[MGMT] from:[powered-on] to:[fatal], because:[General error]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: Sending event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/fatal] for FRU:[MGMT] NRU:[]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_stm_test_and_finalize_init: All FRU's are in final state, finalize init.
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_db_set_general_field: Setting system state from:[System SW ready] to:[System HW Configured], because:[Ok]
May 20 14:00:33 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.NOTICE]: hwd_handle_event_request: finished handling event:[/system/chassis/events/state-change/error-ack] code:[0]
May 20 14:00:35 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.WARNING]: adjust_pses_number_according_to_machine: P/N:[] for Dingo is unknown. Treating it as 1PSU Dingo
May 20 14:00:35 SX6012-1 hwd[8267]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.WARNING]: adjust_pses_number_according_to_machine: P/N:[(null)] for Dingo is unknown. Treating it as 1PSU Dingo
May 20 14:01:01 SX6012-1 pm[7878]: [pm.NOTICE]: Waiting 27 seconds before applying restart action to tc (Temperature Control Daemon)

In the CLI and GUI I can't see any fans or temperatures (see attached file).

Question
Is there anything I can do to prevent the reboot every 5 minutes?

Attachments

Last edited: