best place to buy E5-1630v3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
Sometimes their shipping/packaging can be shady. Their stuff is usually crosslisted on ebay, so you get some purchase protection there...

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
That is cheaper than acme and wiredzone... unless you pick up an ES off ebay... don't see it being cheaper.
I have not dealt with them, but it appears you should be careful.

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
I bought a Supermicro motherboard off their site, don't remember having any issues with packaging or shipping, but it was 2 years ago

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
If you don't mind me asking what board are you pairing this with? I was thinking about this same CPU for a FreeNAS build with ZFS or Omni OS + Napp-it.

Hell my Xpenology would love one of these as well.

I bought a Supermicro motherboard off their site, don't remember having any issues with packaging or shipping, but it was 2 years ago
I got my SM 2785 complete system from them a while ago but they did forget to ship me the extra hd mount that I bought which took another week to get.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I have bought about $20k in equipment from Superbiiz this year. Had one RMA on a high end Xeon and they did pretty good on it, but made me wait for intel to check it and replace it.

I plan to keep buying from them.

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
I've bought a handful of items from them over the last 5 years, no issues with any of the orders. RAM, CPUs, laptop hard drives, and even misc supermicro cables.

ISRV

Jul 11, 2015
provantage did offered to me a $5 lower price :]
but then they refused to bill my non-US card.
so i made an order at superbiiz.
and since 10-06-2015 - Order Processing
no response by email.
is this normal?

GCM

Aug 24, 2015
If you don't mind me asking what board are you pairing this with? I was thinking about this same CPU for a FreeNAS build with ZFS or Omni OS + Napp-it.

Hell my Xpenology would love one of these as well.

I got my SM 2785 complete system from them a while ago but they did forget to ship me the extra hd mount that I bought which took another week to get.
Not to hijack, but that CPU is way overkill for FreeNAS, unless you're running a ton of jails.