BCM57810S NICs from Silicom on eBay 23$ + shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nyakov

Aug 15, 2020
Look at this babies:
  1. Silicom PE310G2SPT10-SR-HT BCM57810S Low Bracket
  2. Silicom PE310G2SPT10-SR-HT BCM57810S Full Bracket
Silicom Ltd. | PE310G2SPT10 Dual port 10 Gigabit Network Interface Card

I tested them on Linux(5.x kernel) Windows(10 and Server 2012) and FreeBSD(12.x)
They work for me as a charm. They a modules agnostic and can work on 1Gb mode with optic and copper (but on 10G I think only optic)
And they a cold.

The only thing I don't find is a proper firmware from Silicom.
So if someone have any information on firmware topic please share.

I manage to "update" them with Lenovo firmware(and Dell tool) but really unsure about compatibility (well, it works fine). Because of possible versions theme mismatch.

Another topic is enabling npar mode or something else on thins NICs (is it hardware burned or we can change it by right firmware?)
Also, I manage to program UEFI management into them:
  1. you need to download file "brcm_fw_nic_2.4.2a_windows_32-64.exe" from lenovo support.
  2. Unpack it.
  3. Program mba bootcode (168Emba.bin file), it can be done interactively through winfwnx2.exe utility (If i do not missing something here)

Last edited:

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
I have a few HP version, and HP continues update the firmware. They have firmware update package for win, linux and vmware. and you don't need HP system to update.

Andres Biront

May 29, 2017
Hi.
Can you flash this cards with HPE firmware? I want to buy 6 of them for my home lab, but I'm unsure they will work fine with ESXi 7.0
The HPE model looks to be compatible