Azure pack - cloud pack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chrisbrns

chrisbrns.com
Nov 13, 2011
Central Florida
www.chrisbrns.com
Hi there - I am a VMware guy moving over to Microsoft side - trying to find some basic information on building out hyper-v with the azure self service platform on it. According to our spla, we have licensing to use it, but nobody in my network has tried it yet. I have a new rack, 15 compute nodes and several storage boxes I would like to work with in testing but thought I'd ask before diving in.

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
There are some good blog posts, technet articles, and even a really great set of powershell scripts to help deploy it. I read up on it, but started getting flashbacks of my very early attempts to deploy openstack a few years back when I had very little skill in this area. Maybe it just the post traumatic stress from the possible dozens/hundreds of hours wasted on that openstack project with no results, but it is pretty complicated to deploy azurepack even using he scripts. I wish you luck, I like the idea of being able to use all of the fun devop tools in home with a private Microsoft cloud. I wish you luck and hopefully a post on how the deployment goes if you choose to use it.

Reactions: Chrisbrns

Chrisbrns

chrisbrns.com
Nov 13, 2011
Central Florida
www.chrisbrns.com
There are some good blog posts, technet articles, and even a really great set of powershell scripts to help deploy it. I read up on it, but started getting flashbacks of my very early attempts to deploy openstack a few years back when I had very little skill in this area. Maybe it just the post traumatic stress from the possible dozens/hundreds of hours wasted on that openstack project with no results, but it is pretty complicated to deploy azurepack even using he scripts. I wish you luck, I like the idea of being able to use all of the fun devop tools in home with a private Microsoft cloud. I wish you luck and hopefully a post on how the deployment goes if you choose to use it.
Yea - Makes my head spin a little. Openstack sounds at this level, but fumbled through it when toying around with it. Perhaps I need to just pony up and commit - Wish me luck and will post some updates on it... Maybe it will help someone else here that is learning.

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
I am right there with you but those powershell scripts will definatly help and I will be interested in how smooth it goes for you.