Axis.com video storage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
I have a total of 8 Axis video cameras I've been reading up on them for a bit and it seems they only offer an Axis storage system for the cameras. I'm trying to build my own storage device for the cameras has anyone used Axis and have found a way to build a device and storage data using your own hardware?

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
The Camera Station runs on Windows, and you can use any storage exposed to the system via NTFS/ReFS. Is that what you want to use with the cameras?

Depending on the resolution of the cameras, and the amount you're recording, a Xeon D or E3 Xeon should give you enough power to do this.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
The Camera Station runs on Windows, and you can use any storage exposed to the system via NTFS/ReFS. Is that what you want to use with the cameras?

Depending on the resolution of the cameras, and the amount you're recording, a Xeon D or E3 Xeon should give you enough power to do this.
Ill use anything to where I can store the data away from the universal storage device they offer. I have a few servers here I can use xeon 56XX and 57XX processors. Still debating on how much storage I actually need for the 8 cameras but NTFS or ReFS would work.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas

Do both of these need to be done on a windows operating system?

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas

Update we aren't using the station were using the companion not sure what storage I need.

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
Used to use zoneminder with Axis cameras many many moons ago. People speak highly of blueiris as well.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Used to use zoneminder with Axis cameras many many moons ago. People speak highly of blueiris as well.
I can easily setup something to store the storage in my proxmox cluster the thing is when I click add storage to the camera/devices all I get is:

My proxmox cluster is on my main network which my pc runs off of but when I click add network share it does not load the cluster storage. Might just go ahead and buy the SD cards for em but doesn't really matter for the outside storage all someone has to do is unscrew the camera and take the storage card out which is the crazy thing about Axis Cameras.