Authentic C6100 motherboard?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi All,

I saw this item listed in Chinese website, do you think it could be an authentic Dell motherboard?
(Perhaps I could ask for a more clearer photo to show part numbers to have better a idea?)

6100 / C6100 laptop motherboard 50% off Sales promotion, only one month FULL TESTED,-in Motherboards from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

(NB. Similar listing at another store includes the above store's ID number. FYI This one looks suspect? 6100 / C6100 laptop motherboard 50% off Sales promotion, only one month FULL TESTED,-in Motherboards from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group)

Many thanks in advance

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
Hi All,

I saw this item listed in Chinese website, do you think it could be an authentic Dell motherboard?
(Perhaps I could ask for a more clearer photo to show part numbers to have better a idea?)

6100 / C6100 laptop motherboard 50% off Sales promotion, only one month FULL TESTED,-in Motherboards from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

(NB. Similar listing at another store includes the above store's ID number. FYI This one looks suspect? 6100 / C6100 laptop motherboard 50% off Sales promotion, only one month FULL TESTED,-in Motherboards from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group)

Many thanks in advance
To me, this does not seems trusted. Even the description is so funny "C6100 laptop motherboard". For China purchase, you should go taobao.com. But I highly recommend purchase through ebay. Moreover i saw couple of the node selling in ebay is way cheaper than it. I did recently just offered one at usd90.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
To me, this does not seems trusted. Even the description is so funny "C6100 laptop motherboard". For China purchase, you should go taobao.com. But I highly recommend purchase through ebay. Moreover i saw couple of the node selling in ebay is way cheaper than it. I did recently just offered one at usd90.
Hi Dk3,

Thanks for your reply and info about Taobao. I'm guessing the $90node you saw on Ebay is a used node?

Following your purchase, do you care to post link or are there any reputable sellers you would recommend?

I saw one motherboard with what looked like sata cables attached. I understand board has 6 sata connectors. Do you need sata connectors if only running 3 HDD per node?

Thanks in advance.

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
Hi Dk3,

Thanks for your reply and info about Taobao. I'm guessing the $90node you saw on Ebay is a used node?

Following your purchase, do you care to post link or are there any reputable sellers you would recommend?

I saw one motherboard with what looked like sata cables attached. I understand board has 6 sata connectors. Do you need sata connectors if only running 3 HDD per node?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Its a used node. I dis try asking a few reputable seller, mostly sell with the chassis along or price is much higher.

The one i just purchased has not arrived yet, so i can't comment on it yet.
Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23 TY3 Node Motherboard Assembly w O Heatsink D61XP | eBay

For the connector, it should comes with 3 sata attached from board to the interposer (as shown on pic) Are you using on the chassis or standalone workstation ?

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Yes. Its a used node. I dis try asking a few reputable seller, mostly sell with the chassis along or price is much higher.

The one i just purchased has not arrived yet, so i can't comment on it yet.
Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23 TY3 Node Motherboard Assembly w O Heatsink D61XP | eBay

For the connector, it should comes with 3 sata attached from board to the interposer (as shown on pic) Are you using on the chassis or standalone workstation ?
Hi Dk3,
Do let me know what condition you find motherboard and if it works ok for you.

Would I be fair to say that a faded or discoloured (brownish) 'Intel' on chipset could be indicate perhaps some exposure to heat?
As I've seen varying condition on several motherboards in past, some look new like and other look very aged.

Kind regards

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
Hi Dk3,
Do let me know what condition you find motherboard and if it works ok for you.

Would I be fair to say that a faded or discoloured (brownish) 'Intel' on chipset could be indicate perhaps some exposure to heat?
As I've seen varying condition on several motherboards in past, some look new like and other look very aged.

Kind regards

Sure. Will update u once it arrived and tested. I really cant tell if faded wording represent anything. For myself, i will only perform intensive run on the item for a period to see if its working great. Usually faulty item will show during this test. Anyway, used item always contain certain risk.

Look at seller feedback and return policy are always my key to the purchase.