August 2021: which models of TinyMiniMicro should I be looking out for deals?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
I am looking to complement my homelab with one or two TinyMiniMicro devices. Although the articles in STH are detailed some of them may be a year or two old, my question is - for August 2021 which models are the most recommended for a TinyMiniMicro setup?

The lenovo P330 with its extra PCI-e slot is intriguing and would be ideal if my TinyMiniMicro was able to support a PCIe plus a max of 64gb of memory for growth.

What models should I be keeping an eye out for that are reasonably priced? The P330 Tiny is expensive at $600 at the moment.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Depends on your needs. if you are not planning to run ESXi7 natively, look for an HP t740 thin client - like a P330 but AMD Ryzen based (specifically the embedded version of the Ryzen 5 2600H) - also 64GB max RAM ceiling, dual M2 storage slots, TPM chip built-in, and a single PCIe slot that can accommodate for a single width, half height, half length card. On a good day they are available for around 280-350 USD used. The only downside is that the embedded NIC is Realtek based so no ESXi 7 support.

Reactions: Gio

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks! going to keep an eye out for these.

My plan was to run Proxmox and see about using a cluster.

Last edited: