AU Prefix

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cadal

Jul 8, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
I dont know how many Aussies you have on here, we're probably the very few minority but I also dont know too many forums that are home lab focused for hardware sales (feel free to chime in any Aussies out there) could we possibly get an Aus prefix here too like the great deal subforum? :)

Reactions: capn_pineapple

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
Oz represent! But yeah, often shipping here is more expensive than the item that's being purchased. Especially with the GST (10% goods and services tax) that's about to be applied to online purchases of any value (used to be >$1000 only).

Cadal

Jul 8, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah that is going to suck. (from June) another money grab from our government.

Most likely it will make it so USA sellers will not sell to us - due to the extra overhead imposed by the Australian government.

Should make it interesting for cloud service providers too...

That said though the items I have bought (with the exception of items like echo dots) have been about a 40% saving after shipping.

When you think that I order low qualities and the local Australian distributors orders in hundreds that's still a bit ridiculous that I get that much of a saving on some items.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk