ATX in EATX Supermicro 815

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Did you download the manual from the link you posted?
Page 5-8 shows the standoff mounting locations. Kinda hard to be 100% sure but to my eye it looks like it does have enough of the locations to make it work (if not all). A cut down plastic standoff will work in the center positions so you probably only need four corners.

better question, if you source a used/refurbed chassis then will it come with the parts for the optional standoff locations (ref same page in the manual).
will you be installing an add-in card too? so Riser?
Supermicro might also have a screw kit for the chassis btw. good question for their online e-store chat - which I've found to be pretty good!

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
Did you download the manual from the link you posted?
Page 5-8 shows the standoff mounting locations. Kinda hard to be 100% sure but to my eye it looks like it does have enough of the locations to make it work (if not all). A cut down plastic standoff will work in the center positions so you probably only need four corners.

better question, if you source a used/refurbed chassis then will it come with the parts for the optional standoff locations (ref same page in the manual).
will you be installing an add-in card too? so Riser?
Supermicro might also have a screw kit for the chassis btw. good question for their online e-store chat - which I've found to be pretty good!
Thanks for your in-depth response! I actually did download the manual and to be quite frank I was unsure about the standoffs shown in the manual as well. I did however have a quick chat with the seller and they informed me that the standoffs in the chassis can properly mount an ATX board.

Now I know for next time to utilize their e-store chat! Thanks a lot!