Attachment uploads?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
I just posted in Chassis and Enclosures - I was going to attach some files to illustrate my question. I'm getting a quite unhelpful error:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

Just me? Not permitted in that forum? Firefox x64 problem? Hints welcome.

Edit: Looks like a Firefox problem. Edge uploaded the same files just fine.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
ScreenClip.png

Speaking of attachments, this came this morning on a forum notification e-mail.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
I suspect that may be caused by the STH forum links being sent from "mandrillapp.com" - that site was continually flagged by my anti-spam as a malware distribution site for a while ("MailScanner has detected definite fraud in the website at "mandrillapp.com". Do not trust this website:"), and the forum update emails seem "spammy" because the URL for the site is hidden behind the text (consider a link that says "Click here for PayPal" where the link is http://paypal.com.site.login.php.chineseisp.cn/). Mandrill appears to be a fairly legitimate paid bulk mailer service, so I don't doubt that it is occasionally subverted - and in other emails I have (e.g. from LinkedIn) there are definitely web bugs and click tracking links.

I'm certainly not saying STH does anything wrong - but other mandrill customers do, so all mandrill customers get tarred with the same brush.

Edit: I should clarify that LinkedIn sends emails (at least sometimes!) via Mandrill - which have had web bugs. I do not see the same in STH emails - but it's the aggregate behaviour of Mandrill customers that impact on legitimate Mandrill emails from STH.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Yea it is a Mandrill issue but it is a super nice application and priced nicely.

Here is the dashboard:
upload_2016-1-10_14-53-38.png