Asus WS X570 Ace on sale again at amazon, $200!!!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
I have tried it out but it was a really finicky motherboard. For some reason I could not get my both LSI HBA's to talk with each other during boot (need staggered start-up between them) sequence if they both sat in each of the pcie 16x slots feeded by CPU. As soon as the pcie switch switched from one 16x to two 8x no talk between them got through the switch. I had to move one card to the bottom slot feeded by chipset and then they could talk over the interconnect between CPU and Chipset which is pcie 4 x4 so not really a big bandwith problem but still annoying enough.. Also very finicky with fan profiles gets lost and bios hangs needed clear cmos. I sold it.

Reactions: Marsh

jthomas2sth

Dec 18, 2020
This is an extremely stable board. I've been running my 3800x at 4.3-4.45 (per CCX overclock) without any reboots since last Christmas. :)

However, you probably need an old Ryzen to flash to the latest BIOS - that's probably why they are clearing stock.

Reactions: Marsh

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I bought this Mobo when it was on sale for $280, the intent was to pair it up with 5950x. I didn't realize the motherboard does not have any bios flashback feature (flash bios without CPU) and to get it to work with 5950x you absolutely have to upgrade the bios. I ended up borrowing my brother 3800x temporarily just to flash the bios, it was a pain. However once its up, its been super stable and I fully populate the mobo with RTX3080, Raid controller, and 10gb nics. I cant believe they discount this more than the black friday deals, and newegg isnt willing to return the difference :(

thulle

Apr 11, 2019
I didn't realize the motherboard does not have any bios flashback feature (flash bios without CPU) and to get it to work with 5950x you absolutely have to upgrade the bios.
I bought this board for my 3700x last year and had to do flashback to make it work with the then new Ryzen 3xxx, which worked fine. Is this not possible anymore with Ryzen 5xxx?

z1ggy

Jan 4, 2021
Has anyone got this board running with ECC RAM not listed on the motherboard QVL list? The 'supported modules' list is very, very short.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Yes, I did. I dropped in four of these 32GB modules:

They got reported properly as 72bits in Debian Buster. Passed bootable Memtest32 in 64bit mode full range tests which took some hours.. I even overclocked them just for the fun of it and they gave me 3200MHz passing same Memtest suite still on 1.2v. I even got them to 3600Mhz with 1.3v stable but I don't overclock my server so I dialed it down again. They never got hot as well. Excellent RAM in my book. :D

z1ggy

Jan 4, 2021
Yes, I did. I dropped in four of these 32GB modules:

They got reported properly as 72bits in Debian Buster. Passed bootable Memtest32 in 64bit mode full range tests which took some hours.. I even overclocked them just for the fun of it and they gave me 3200MHz passing same Memtest suite still on 1.2v. I even got them to 3600Mhz with 1.3v stable but I don't overclock my server so I dialed it down again. They never got hot as well. Excellent RAM in my book. :D
Oh wow, looks good! 3600mhz sounds great with a Ryzen but I think I'd also be hesitant about overclocking my server. I picked up a 3900x today so now I just need some good RAM...

Thanks!

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Np. It's a good RAM kit. I use all four 32GB modules now in a Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro to hold me over for a Xeon. That board supports ECC UDIMMS in non-ecc mode and accepted these sticks also without being on the QVL.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Mine was going to arrive when I was on vacation so I re-ordered for march delivery. it showed up Jan 3. Picked it up today but haven't set it up yet. Wish the ECC QVL was bigger....it's TINY.

thy.flesh.consumed

Mar 30, 2017
Really wish this had a passive heatsink. I've looked up pictures online and the actual heatsink is only about third of the total area, the rest is either empty space or taken by the fan. I bet they could have cooled it passively if they used entire space for a big giant heatsink instead.