ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WiFi Review AMD TR Pro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Wondering if it will be compatible with zen3 tr pros...
I have no knowledge of that.

However, I will say that I cannot think of anything that would prevent that from happening. The TR Pro is basically an EPYC with a chipset attached. So the PCIe Gen4 Rome servers were able to take Milan without much effort.

The bigger challenge is that AMD needs to produce more chips.

nasbdh9

Aug 4, 2019
The rumored launch time is that zen3 tr pro will be launched before zen3 tr, I think it depends largely on upstream production capacity

Ojref1

Oct 8, 2018
There are recent rumors that TR Zen3 has been cancelled and TRPro might get a CPU or two. AMD sure has made a complete dog's meal of this platform, and in my opinion quite unacceptable behavior. For one, The fissure into 2 platforms for HEDT really made no sense. If the 5000 series of non-pro are cancelled and they're moving on, that means that STR4 would only have one generation of CPUs. Considering the cost of motherboards, scarce supply, shifting platforms, I think what they've done to this platform is probably worse than Intel's past behavior. Here's the link to the reddit post but there are other sites reporting this from other sources as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/threadripper/comments/qe9cbi