Asus Prime TRX40-Pro ECC Memory Support.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Surej

Apr 1, 2020
India
Hi Good People,

I am planning to build a Workstation for Scientific Purpose. I have Chosen Threadripper 3970X Processor, Asus Prime TRX40-Pro Motherboard & 64GB of ECC Memory, Now the issue in Asus Product page is, it's Mentioned that this Particular Motherboard Supports ECC Memory, but not mentioned what Module Type it supports, I mean UDIMM, RDIMM or LRDIMM. Could Somebody please help me in clearing this issue out.

https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/Prime-TRX40-Pro/specifications/

Thanks
Suraj.s

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
my own experience with TR1 (1950x on asrock x399 phantom gaming) is that ecc-udimm is supported. when you check the qvl list of asrock mainboard, you will see only 1 ecc-udimm on that list.

i took the gamble and installed 2 ecc-udimms on my mainboard. those were not on the qvl list. and they worked.

when you check qvl list of your asus mainboard, you will see lots of ecc-udimms on that list. much moren than i saw in my case...i am trying to say....don't worry. your suggested ecc-udimm will work with your asus board. you even can push your 2666mhz-stick to 2933mhz in bios.

good luck

Reactions: Surej

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
If you are buying new RAM for this expensive platform, go with at least DDR4-3200. Those 32 cores on only 4 memory channels will be starved for memory bandwidth in many applications. Faster RAM improves the situation at least a bit.
Either stick with models listed on the QVL, or buy anything from reputable brands. Chances to get the memory working are pretty high.

Reactions: Surej

Surej

Apr 1, 2020
India
Love You Guy's....

Really Appreciate the Valuable Information you guy's shared. Definitely i will be going with a higher memory speed.

Thankyou both So Much.....