ASUS P9X79E-WS - ESXi Temp/voltage sensors are not showing up.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Herngaard

May 2, 2013
Hi,

I just finished a new build for a home ESXi server based on the X79 chipset.
It's running very nicely, but i'm unable to read the temp and voltage sensors in ESX, they simply dont' show up. I cant seem to find any *.vib or "offline bundle" zip's with drivers to allow it either.

I've had desktop PC's running ESXi 5.1 before and i seem to recall that temperatures and voltages were there pr. default.

Shouldn't i be able to read this kind of info on a high end board like this, or am i doing something wrong?

(i have injected ESX drivers for the onboard i210 NIC's and the RAID controller manually)

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

The hardware:

ASUS P9X79E-WS
Intel Xeon E5-2620
Intel Liquid Cooling Solution RTS2001LC
4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
IBM ServeRAID M5015 RAID Controller (with IBBU08)
8x 2TB WD2003FYYS in RAID5
3 OCZ SSD's and one HDD running on the onboard Intel controller
Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad-Port Server Adapter
ASUS Geforce G210 Silent - 1GB DDR3
Fractal Design XL
Corsair AX750 Gold PSU

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Haven't ever tried this. Does this thing use a nuvotion chip? Maybe get model there and Google that?

Btw why the E version? Just for new 210s? Costs a lot more.

Herngaard

May 2, 2013
it was around 100$ more locally than the non E version. I didnt' like the idea of two different nic's too much.
Is everyone else seeing temperatures and voltage readings on you DIY servers in ESX, or how do you monitor your servers?

The P9X79 series doesn't seem to have a Nuvotion chip (as some some supermicro boards have), but since ASUS AI, or whatever the windows application is called, can read something, i thought it would be possible to monitor atleast something in ESX with this board.