Asus P8H67M-EVO and M1015

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Odon

Mar 18, 2011
Hi,
i've read from the test of the Asus P8H67M-EVO that M1015 was working perfectly on the 16x PCIe16... I have the exact same configuration, and i can't have it to work. Card detects my harddrives, is seen by Windows, but Device Manager reports an error (This device can not start (Error Code 10)). I'm using MS Hyper-V 2008 R2 (don't work with ESXi 4.1u1 either). Any more info on test context ? (M1015 Firmware ? MB Bios ? Driver version ?)
Thanks for any help.

Odon

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Have you flashed the M1015 with the latest 9240-8i firmware, and are you using the latest 9240-8i Windows driver?

Odon

Mar 18, 2011
I've tried both latest m1015 ibm FW, and LSI FW. I'll give an other shot to LSI one.

adasdes

Apr 24, 2011
Has anybody been able to get an LSI 9240 / IBM M1015 card working on any of the Asus P8P67 series boards?

I've been trying on a WS and I always get the "cannot start" message in device manager. All firmwares, bios', and drivers are updated as well.

Last edited:

neocronomican

Mar 10, 2011
I just buy 2 IBM M1015 card, I use in Biostar TA760GM, I touch this card after I test all the card I think temperature of this card to hot. Is there any software to monitor this card?

Loto_Bak

Mar 10, 2011
If it helps anyone I've tested the M1015 (lsi 9240-8i) in a s775 Gigabyte P35 and a socket939 nf4-sli based motherboards and it will not work in either
(Testing included testing 1x and 4x slots modified to accept the 8x card, using 16x pcie for the HBA and old pci gfx card, and the SLI motherboard in both its PCIe configurations)

two things either happened ;
  • no bios is displayed and the card does not appear in the OS (pciconf or lspci)
  • the card displays its bios properly and preboot CLI and config interface are functional
    This still results in the bootloader failing
    • grub resulted in a quick blackscreen and immediate reboot
    • freebsd loader reports no smap table found from the bios.
      Using the LOADER shell the smap can be displayed and shows nothing.
      Booting without the HBA card(s) installed showed a ~8 line table of memory addresses
    • ISO works? The ubuntu 11.xx beta CD would boot and display the controller and disks would function
      I was never able to find a way to boot from a HDD successfully

so i bought a x9scm/E3-1230 and they work great.
Driver support is sure better for the 9211 though.

neocronomican

Mar 10, 2011
If it helps anyone I've tested the M1015 (lsi 9240-8i) in a s775 Gigabyte P35 and a socket939 nf4-sli based motherboards and it will not work in either
(Testing included testing 1x and 4x slots modified to accept the 8x card, using 16x pcie for the HBA and old pci gfx card, and the SLI motherboard in both its PCIe configurations)

two things either happened ;
  • no bios is displayed and the card does not appear in the OS (pciconf or lspci)
  • the card displays its bios properly and preboot CLI and config interface are functional
    This still results in the bootloader failing
    • grub resulted in a quick blackscreen and immediate reboot
    • freebsd loader reports no smap table found from the bios.
      Using the LOADER shell the smap can be displayed and shows nothing.
      Booting without the HBA card(s) installed showed a ~8 line table of memory addresses
    • ISO works? The ubuntu 11.xx beta CD would boot and display the controller and disks would function
      I was never able to find a way to boot from a HDD successfully

so i bought a x9scm/E3-1230 and they work great.
Driver support is sure better for the 9211 though.
I far as I read from many forum.... M1015 has compability issue while use Gigabyte motherboard....