Asrocks new C2750 & C2550 boards (12 SATA ports and IPMI).

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Patrick,

I posted about your issue with booting FreeNAS on the asrock board on the freenas forum:
STH's take on the new Avotons | FreeNAS Community

They suggested disabling features and components in the BIOS that are not necessary. Did you happen to do any troubleshooting?
I did all of what they suggested there other than disabling USB 3 (the board does not have USB 3 so a moot point.) It certainly does have a pre-production BIOS but I could not get it to boot FreeNAS.

MAtej - I would strongly suggest using ECC memory. On the three Avoton/ Rangeley boards I have, all have issues with non-ECC memory.

ASRock C2750D4I Review posted.

sweloop64

Feb 28, 2011
Sweden
Lack of USB 3.0 is a deal breaker for me, not ok for a Q4 2013 product.

If they have any specific reasons for not including USB 3.0 it would be nice to hear them...

What does the backside(underneath) of the C2750D4I look like?

Jesse

Jun 17, 2014
Check out the main site. Patrick just did an article on this very subject and a how to to get around the lack of ESXI 5.5 driver support.

Which article states how to get around the lack of esxi support with a Marvell SE9230 / Marvell SE9172 chip? Just curious since I bought a EP2C602-4L/D16 asrock board that has this same sata raid chip.