AsrockRack x570d4i-2T

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SDLeary

Aug 4, 2015
Looks like Asrock is finally making this one official and visible (other than a placard).

Anyone out there heard any peeps on when it might actually be available? This looks like it could be right up the ally for a small, relatively inexpensive home/lab server.

Perhaps a review will be seen soon? @Patrick ?

Thanks Much
SDLeary

Reactions: altano

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
Disappointed they did not support 128GB RAM. Maybe unofficially it will handle 128. Intel NUCs support 64GB with two slots going all the way back to gen6.

Reactions: altano

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
Turns out the OCULink ports do support NVMe. That was my one missing feature.

I can't see it not supporting 128GB RAM, to be honest.

Cannae wait.

Also looks like it uses Intel cooler retention?

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
I'm surprised they were able to use a passive heatsink on the X570 chipset. I wonder if it's a case of configuring the chipset for TDP down, or if some direct airflow is necessary.

If this board supports 4x4x4x4 bifurcation on the PCIe slot, it could be a great board for future use with ZFS Allocation Classes. It would make me look again at building a NAS with the U-NAS NSC-810.

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
I have that board for testing a custom appliance. Let me know if you have any questions.

gyik

Jun 13, 2020
What RAM do you use and were you able to overclock it?

Last edited:

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
How much did it cost you?

Can you share if you’re using the oculinks to fan out 8x SATA? Your hardware list and application would be great too
Got it directly from asrockrack folks. Only using a single m.2 pcie 4.0 ssd. 3900x CPU, dual port 100g pcie 4.0 nic. Custom enclosure. Proprietary application (not gaming). 128GB ram. Still testing different frequency ram. There are a lot of options for overclocking in the bios. Still testing cooling options. We also have their uATX Rome MB for a similar project. We have built some prototype appliances on their mITX boards for the Intel Xeon v4 and even a Xeon platinum!

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
I think we are going to be doing a review of these soon.
be aware that it has somewhat unique psu connectivity options as well as limited cooling options (without breaking out the drill!) To their credit, it is a mITX server board with the compatibility of high frequency, relatively cheap CPUs!

3nodeproblem

Jun 28, 2020
Has anyone been able to find 32GB ECC DDR4 SODIMM modules available anywhere? I have some X570D4I-2T on order and hope to be able to run them with 128GB ECC RAM.

Samsung M474A4G43MB1-CTDQ is a listed supported module on their page but I haven't found anyone supplying these, or anything else comparable (apart from a few select US vendors who noth charge very high prices, and won't ship internationally either way).

EDIT: I did find this Lenovo module on Newegg. I feel like there should be alternatives for less than $500 (+shipping taxes for me) per 32GB module, though..

EDIT2: Randomly found Nemix 32GB DDR4 ECC modules for $189.99 - that's actually looking pretty good. The few mentions of Nemix I see when searching online is lemon probability but they honor warranty and those who had replacements eventually got them stable. Might be worth a shot.

Last edited:

gyik

Jun 13, 2020
I was also looking for some 32gb ECC stick, without success. So ordered 4 dimms of KINGSTON 16GB Notebook DDR4 2666MHz CL19 KSM26SED8/16ME (mentioned in the QVL) . Curious if I could get them runnin 3000Mhz or 3200Mhz.

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
Is ECC working with any Ryzen 3000 Cpu? Or just with the Pros?
For CPUs, all Ryzen's [Non-Pro and Pro] work with ECC RAM.

For APUs [the G and GE parts with integrated GPUs], only the Pro versions support ECC.

Reactions: gyik