ASRock Rack TRX40D8-2N2T Bringing AMD Threadripper to Servers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zir_blazer

Dec 5, 2016
No Block Diagram? These are always useful.

I have check the Manual and it doesn't have it, either...

Last edited:

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
I was looking at this board a week or two ago as the E5 v4 is bottle necking the 3090 EVGA bad. Yeah I managed to get one. Good to see you got a review of it. Can you point to a vendor source/s of this part? I'm judging that because they sent you an international its not ready to go for California sales yet, I'm checking with an account I have they have the PN listed but no price up yet I'll let you know what they come back with on Pricing.

Last edited:

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
Update on this board. I talked to rep they currently have lead time of 3 or so weeks and Pricing is around the $590 mark.

tinco

Apr 22, 2020
I ordered two systems with this board for our rendercluster, we already have 4 systems based around the Asrock TRX40 Creator board, all with 4 GPU's. This board will be a nice upgrade.

Reactions: Prof_G

tinco

Apr 22, 2020
Ah the orientation of the socket bit me in the ass. I was used to ordering them with the Noctua NH-U12S TR4-SP3 cooler, and mounting two Delta 11k RPM fans to it, but they assume the workstation airflow direction. Now it's pulling heat from ~1cm clearance to the GPU, and pushing heat into 1cm clearance to the power supply. I guess I'll have to order two Dynatron A35's. They used to be marketed as 225W, but now they claim to go up to 280W. What's that about? I tried with the A26, that was marketed for 280W, but it definitely didn't cut it for us.