ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T nvidia vgrid issue P100 and A5000

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mirol

Jan 6, 2018
Hi Guys I just received 2 gpus to play with 1 p100 16gb and Qaudro A5000 24gb .Before them 2 i was using 3 p4 gpus withouth any issues.Now when I put them 2 and change A5000 to displayless mode I can see all vgpu profiles for both of them to choose but I got problem with both nvidia-smi in esxi see both gpus no probs.The issues are that p100 every profile seems to work but when I check on virtual machine (win10) Card is visible with right profile but nvidia-smi(inside vm) give error that non gpu found so it doesnt accelerate anytching the only way to make work this p100 is to passthrough whole gpu to vm.With A5000 tho I got issue that every profile I try VM doesnt wanna start and vc give me error 'libnvidia-vgx.so' for vGPU 'nvidia_rtxa6000-4q'.I read on many forums that issue is mayby by bios settings so I make suire that 4G Decoding was enable SR-IOV as well and MMIO but this asrock bios doesnt have option to change MMIO size thats what i think causing problems I found that for some ppls change in Dell bios server Memory Mapped I/O Base setting to 512GB fix issue but this asrock board doesnt got this option thos anybody can get idea with any solution how to change it?

My spec is
ROMED8-2T with bios L3.28Z
256gb samsung ddr
Newest Version esxi with Vcenter
Vgrid 14.0