ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T package contents

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aquatechie

Oct 29, 2015
Greetings all,

To anyone who purchased this particular board - was an Oculink-to-4xSATA cable included in your box or did you have to source one separately for your build?

A close read of the online manual lists the Oculink cable as "optional", which to me seems to be ambiguous language when the conditions that make its inclusion in the package "optional" are not defined.

Anywho, thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited:

Aquatechie

Oct 29, 2015
Update:

After an email exchange with Asrock's reps, it appears the oculink-to-SATA cable is NOT part of the retail packaging for this board. Still waiting to hear back from Asrock on their part number & price for the cable. I may just go ahead and see who has a Supermicro CBL-SAST-0933 at a reasonable price.

ermac318

Nov 27, 2019
For those that have this board - how are you cooling the Epyc 3251? Are you using the included passive heatsink, or has anyone figured out how to mount other coolers?

Aquatechie

Oct 29, 2015
I currently have a 80mm Noctua fan laid on top of the stock heatsink unsecured. Temps have been between 54 and 60 C with a light load.

chn

Dec 22, 2019
I am just using two Noctua 80mm case fans mounted in my case. I've found that the NIC heatsink is typically running hotter than the CPU itself.

Aquatechie

Oct 29, 2015
For anyone who's interested, the stock heatsink is 70 mm x 70 mm x 25 mm with the mounting screws at 60 mm x 60 mm on center. Curious to see if there are any aftermarket heatsinks with integrated fans that will fit this board.

ermac318

Nov 27, 2019
For anyone who's interested, the stock heatsink is 70 mm x 70 mm x 25 mm with the mounting screws at 60 mm x 60 mm on center. Curious to see if there are any aftermarket heatsinks with integrated fans that will fit this board.
So looking around, I don't see any other sockets that use 60x60 mounting hole spacing. LGA775 was 72mm, and it seems like everything else AMD is rectangular and not square holes. Has anyone found a different heatsink that can fit? Or is the best idea to just stick a 70mm square fan on top and hope for the best?

Aquatechie

Oct 29, 2015
So looking around, I don't see any other sockets that use 60x60 mounting hole spacing. LGA775 was 72mm, and it seems like everything else AMD is rectangular and not square holes. Has anyone found a different heatsink that can fit? Or is the best idea to just stick a 70mm square fan on top and hope for the best?
Check out this thread. We discuss multiple ways of adding a fan to the heatsink.

Sparton

Jul 16, 2020
Hi there,

has there been any luck with finding a apropriate active heatsink / cooler? I am sort of lost between all the sockets, none of which have the 60x60 mm we need ;(

Aquatechie

Oct 29, 2015
So I got my board today and made some pictures. Maybe someone's still interested...

Anybody else had a slightly bend heatsink?
The fins on my heatsink have the same curvature has yours. Since it was uniform across the part, I didn't think much more of it after noticing it.

x_interupt

Dec 6, 2020
if you reach this page looking for the oculink to 4x sata, or the oculink 8i to 8x sata, i found them from a company in australia.
asrock rack branded, and compatible. I live 100 miles north of denver and i ordered 1 (that didn't work) from a company in denver that took a week to receive, and it was more expensive than ordering them from australia, including shipping.
price was SUPER reasonable, QUICK shipping, ordered on a friday, had them the following wednesday here in the USA.
links here:

Really good customer service,

Last edited:
Reactions: chn