Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobertC

Apr 8, 2016
Yes, I already asked their support 2 months ago. They do plan on supporting it.
My 2288G was supported out of the box on a motherboard bought about 2 months ago. Unless someone gets super unlucky and gets old stock I doubt there would be any problems.

Does anybody know of fan control app for windows that works with the c246 chipset?

mgutt

Apr 19, 2020
I just ordered one from Newegg. I also contacted asrock about the oculink cable. They are using a JPC p4713sp10600-1. The rep said they were contacting JPC to get more info for customers and about US availability. I asked if the Supermicro CBL-SAST-0933 would work and they aren’t sure. I may pick up one to test.
Now, they are sure ^^

So if you want to use an ASRock product you need to buy Supermicro accessory. :D

renedis

Apr 15, 2021
@Frozenstitches and @Speedster , did you managed to get the iGPU with 9th gen on the board working now? And does the IPMI keep on working after boot along side the iGPU?

I really want to buy this board but iGPU is mandatory for me with Tdarr.

Last edited:

Speedster

Apr 28, 2019
@Frozenstitches and @Speedster , did you managed to get the iGPU with 9th gen on the board working now? And does the IPMI keep on working after boot along side the iGPU?

I really want to buy this board but iGPU is mandatory for me with Tdarr.
Yes, I am using a Xeon E-2146G with the UHD P630 enabled. The BIOS setting for iGPU needs to be "Enabled" instead of Auto. IPMI KVM continues to work (I am using Ubuntu 20.04).

I am also using Intel GVT-g to create a virtual GPU from the Intel graphics to pass through to a VM so it can also use QuickSync Video :)

Reactions: renedis

renedis

Apr 15, 2021
Yes, I am using a Xeon E-2146G with the UHD P630 enabled. The BIOS setting for iGPU needs to be "Enabled" instead of Auto. IPMI KVM continues to work (I am using Ubuntu 20.04).

I am also using Intel GVT-g to create a virtual GPU from the Intel graphics to pass through to a VM so it can also use QuickSync Video :)
Thank you very much for this information! Ordering NOW :D

nantucket101

Jul 15, 2020
Hi, desperately looking for assistance with my E3C246D2I . I am using it in a very similar configuration to others here:
- i3 9100
- 32GB RAM ECC
- 8 HDDs and 1 NVMe M.2 using SATA + Supermicro oculink 4x sata cable CBL-SAST-0933
- Silverstone DS380B and 700 watt SFX PSU

I am getting a very strange issue: I am always missing between 1 and 2 SATA devices in the BIOS as "not detected" usually sata1_sata3 or sata0 and sata 3. I believe these are the Oculink cable. Reboots cause the BIOS to randomly switch between detection of these devices. Sometimes, very briefly, it will even detect all 8 devices.

Jumper is set to SATA.

I just RMAed the motherboard and I'm still experiencing the issue. I am thinking this is, at this point, a problem with the Oculink cable or the Power Supply. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Last edited:

x_interupt

Dec 6, 2020
"
I am getting a very strange issue: I am always missing between 1 and 2 SATA devices in the BIOS as "not detected" usually sata1_sata3 or sata0 and sata 3. I believe these are the Oculink cable. Reboots cause the BIOS to randomly switch between detection of these devices. Sometimes, very briefly, it will even detect all 8 devices.
"
according to the manual, the M.2 shares the lanes with the SATA_0,1,2,3 connector (oculink), so try booting without the M.2 drive and see if that resolves the issue
the block diagram indicates that the M.2 drive will leave the oculink with sata 0, 2, 3, if the m.2 is populated. you indicate that it's an nvme drive, however it might be in SATA mode, and that would be randomly knocking it out.
i'd take out the nvme drive and start from there.

Last edited:

nantucket101

Jul 15, 2020
"
"
according to the manual, the M.2 shares the lanes with the SATA_0,1,2,3 connector (oculink), so try booting without the M.2 drive and see if that resolves the issue
the block diagram indicates that the M.2 drive will leave the oculink with sata 0, 2, 3, if the m.2 is populated. you indicate that it's an nvme drive, however it might be in SATA mode, and that would be randomly knocking it out.
i'd take out the nvme drive and start from there.
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure this is not the issue. I removed the m.2 and still only see 7 drives still, and i am confident it's in pcie mode based on the settings and jumpers.

all I can guess now is PSU issue, but all the drives spin up. So not sure why this would be the case.

Last edited:

potatochickenburger

Feb 1, 2022
Ok, she is up and running. Ram was good was a power issue.
Hi! I also have the E3C246D2I motherboard and I'm running into memory issues as well, I installed a Xeon E3 1245 V5, one stick of KSM26ED8/16HD (which kingston says is supported) but I can't get it to post, it looks like a memory issue (Intel error code 55)

Do you happen to remember what power issue you did have and how did you solve it? I'd be forever greatful for any advice!

I'm using a brand new Corsair SF450 platinum, both the 8pin and 4pin (converted from 24pin) inserted.

Thanks a lot in advance!