Asrock Rack D2143D8UM last EFI/BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware files

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mannekino

Jan 5, 2023
I don't have the ability to update the BMC firmware. It should be under maintenance according to the manual. But it's not present.

1676159590753.png

This is a Datto server that has a (modified?) ASRock Rack D2143D8UM motherboard.

I would like to put the original ASRock firmware on it because I don't have Fan Control through the IPMI interface and I'm hoping flashing the original ASRock firmware might fix this. I also have a bug where the DDR4 temperature sensors go in the red reporting 255℃ when I ran PassMark MemTest86

Is this even possible? If so, is it safe to update the BIOS and/or BMC firmware because it's a Datto branded server?

This is the information I see on my Dashboard

1676159836700.png

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Is this even possible? If so, is it safe to update the BIOS and/or BMC firmware because it's a Datto branded server?
don't know sorry. but ASRock's BIOS/BMC chips are normaly in a SOIC socket and easy replacable. buy a flash chips and a USB programmer or buy chips alreadyprogrammed (there are services at ebay etc avail.)

faninx

Feb 28, 2020
Hi, I got one this board. But I don't know the IPMI/BMC username and password. default admin/admin is not right.
How can I get the password or change it.

Thanks

Mannekino

Jan 5, 2023
There are a couple password known for the BIOS password. The first one worked for me: "R@ster", "Northern", and "NorthernLight$" do not work.

I think I used Admin/Admin, admin/admin, admin/password or Admin/Password for the BMC login.

faninx

Feb 28, 2020
There are a couple password known for the BIOS password. The first one worked for me: "R@ster", "Northern", and "NorthernLight$" do not work.

I think I used Admin/Admin, admin/admin, admin/password or Admin/Password for the BMC login.
BIOS passwrd is "R@str"

am45931472

Feb 26, 2019
Has anyone been able to flash the bios on these datto boards to an asrock bios? I was able to update the ipmi using socflash but instantflash in the bios does not find any file to update to when i try to do the bios update there.

bbqn

Aug 18, 2023
I don't have the ability to update the BMC firmware. It should be under maintenance according to the manual. But it's not present.

View attachment 27116

This is a Datto server that has a (modified?) ASRock Rack D2143D8UM motherboard.

I would like to put the original ASRock firmware on it because I don't have Fan Control through the IPMI interface and I'm hoping flashing the original ASRock firmware might fix this. I also have a bug where the DDR4 temperature sensors go in the red reporting 255℃ when I ran PassMark MemTest86

This is the information I see on my Dashboard

View attachment 27117

No BMC firmware update, has it been resolved? Because I also experienced the same situation without BMC and BIOS firmware updates.

See that your BIOS is 1.10? Can this version of firmware be provided?

微信图片_20230821234044.png

bbqn

Aug 18, 2023
socflash (dos util)
but you better get a external USB flash programmer and chips so you can easy return to the old Fiwmware/BIOS.

I updated BMC L1.24.01 under DOS,Unfortunately, BMC and BIOS firmware updates are still missing

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
ch341a + SOP16 to Dip8 300mil Adapter + NeoProgrammer
Apologies for resurrecting a dead post. I was interested in doing this for my D2143D8UM more for just the knowledge and having a new skill (and tools).

Is there a decent how-to anywhere on the site I may have missed? Thanks!

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Apologies for resurrecting a dead post. I was interested in doing this for my D2143D8UM more for just the knowledge and having a new skill (and tools).
Is there a decent how-to anywhere on the site I may have missed? Thanks!
use of NeoProgrammer(or AsProgrammer) is well documented(google)
just open the wings of the BIOS/BMC socket and pull the chip out, (dump the content) program it and put it in again.