Asrock Rack D2143D8UM last EFI/BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware files

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Have this board with the launch version of both (1.00) and I'm having some issues with booting in a setup with SAS expander, RAM speed and don't remember now what else, but it's being a pain.

Could anyone (please) with partner access share the last files aviable for this board? thanks a lot

Edit:

BIOS file 1.06 BIOS file 1.08 BIOS file 1.09

Bmc 1.24.01

From Asrockrack sat. Both tested and working

Last edited:
Reactions: peter_sch

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Have you connected the SAS expander to the onboard SFF-8643 connector?
I assume that does not work, as the website only state SATA support.

Likewise I assume your RAM speed issue is that it's limited at 2133MHz?
Intel's website states that's the max, so perhaps that's the issue?

I have one of these boards (Datto branded), it works okay for me but yeah a newer BIOS etc. would be interesting :)

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Asrockrack specs web says that 2400/2666 is supported (got other server boards that the procs didn't go so far, but they worked maybe due to EFI tweaks?) so, dunno. I'm using a couple of cp400i sas controllers.

Did a BIOS default cleanup and some of my issues got solved.

afaik there is no new EFI firmware aviable, but there is newer BMC, I'll post it as soon as I put my hands on it.

Last edited:

peter_sch

Oct 11, 2022
Thanks a lot! I just bought two servers with this board from ebay, hoping to install ESXi 7.0 on it (or 6.7 if that fails).

jb6574

Oct 14, 2022
Thanks from me also. I've also just bought a Datto branded version (S4P2143). The bios firmware version is listed as "P1.10 ", the BMC fimware is "1.00.00". @RTM - have you upgraded your Datto board with the firmware linked here or is that a bad idea?

Edit: clarify bios vs BMC

Last edited:

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Thanks from me also. I've also just bought a Datto branded version (S4P2143). The bios firmware version is listed as "P1.10 ", the fimware is "1.00.00". @RTM - have you upgraded your Datto board with the firmware linked here or is that a bad idea?
Those firmware files I've linked were provided from Asrock Rack SAT. I did write them asking for the last version with the MEI microcode updated. They have also the advanced options active (alt+ctrl+F3)

Did you check yours with the Intel CSME tool?

jb6574

Oct 14, 2022
I have ME Firmware 4.0.4.57 and Microcode 0200005eh. Bios dates from 2019.
Not sure what you mean by the advanced options.

Was hoping to clarify (perhaps from RTM's experience) whether it is safe for me to use your files or whether there is some potential for problems due to the Datto origin.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
You can use them without fear, but the 4.0.4.57 is more actual than the one is applied to the ones that the asrock sat shared with me.

1665753613299.png

If you want to know if you can enter to see the advanced bios options, instead o pressing F2 or del to enter the EFI BIOS press alt+ctrl+F3

Btw, you could share your BIOS file here

jb6574

Oct 14, 2022
Thank you! I see an "Advanced" tab just with the normal "F2". The combination alt+ctrl+F3 does not seem to do anything.

It seems like I should keep the bios but update the BMC.

I will be happy share my bios but may need a bit of time to figure out how to get it off the board.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
To be frank, I did wanted that they improved the power consumption of the system over a IME update, but they didn't do anything good about that. I would love to check how your BIOS version does in that aspect. You can backup it with afuwin64 or with universal BIOS backup toolkit

Btw the 1.09 BIOS date is from september 2022

Last edited:

jb6574

Oct 14, 2022
I had a look at getting the BIOS off the board. I don't have Windows installed, which makes it less straightforward. I can try and come back to this in future. Perhaps the other way to get this BIOS would be to ask Datto. These are the units they sell: Help Center

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I had a look at getting the bios off the board. I don't have Windows installed, which makes it less straightforward. I can try and come back to this in future. Perhaps the other way to get this Bios would be to ask Datto. These are the units they sell: Help Center
You can boot windows 8/10 from a usb, just look for a WINPE ISO over the net

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Thanks from me also. I've also just bought a Datto branded version (S4P2143). The bios firmware version is listed as "P1.10 ", the BMC fimware is "1.00.00". @RTM - have you upgraded your Datto board with the firmware linked here or is that a bad idea?

Edit: clarify bios vs BMC
Sorry, no I have not been using the system much and such haven't bothered to update it.

Mannekino

Jan 5, 2023
How do you actually update the BIOS and BMC firmware? I've downloaded the files but they don't contain any instructions or updater executable? I've bought one of those servers (haven't received it yet) and currently doing some preparations of things I might want to do. Can you do it from within the BIOS itself?

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
How do you actually update the BIOS and BMC firmware? I've downloaded the files but they don't contain any instructions or updater executable? I've bought one of those servers (haven't received it yet) and currently doing some preparations of things I might want to do. Can you do it from within the BIOS itself?
I don't own this board anymore (too power hungry for a xeon d and bad optimization), but you can update them through the bmc, and the BIOS you can do it with an USB pen. Just check the boot options.