ASRock Rack 1U10E-ROME/2T Review AMD EPYC 1U 10x NVMe Server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BobTB

Jul 19, 2019
Anyone got one of these? Can NVME drives be individually passthrough in ESXI ?

Ejic84

Feb 15, 2021
In our ASRock Rack 1U10E-ROME/2T review, we see what this 1U single-socket AMD EPYC PCIe Gen4 platform offers and find an undocumented feature

The post ASRock Rack 1U10E-ROME/2T Review AMD EPYC 1U 10x NVMe Server appeared first on ServeTheHome.

Continue reading...
Hello Patrick,

long time reader here. Great review and tbh it steered me in buying this.
I wanted to ask you a couple of questions if this is no problem.
1. What kind of Mellanox Connect-X 5 can i install in the mezzanine slot ? Only Type 1 or can it support Type 2 with Belly to Belly QSFP28 (MCX546A-EDAN) ? Was thinking of utilizing Host Chaining instead of resorting to buy a very expensive 100GBe switch.
2. What is the noise of it, and can it be controlled by the IPMI GUI effectively (besides ipmi terminal commands) – Is it bearable in an office environment if adjusted?
3. Do you think Samsung PM1733 is a great fit for it? I am thinking of about 6 to 10 drives over ZFS stripped mirrored vdevs (Raid10) and served as NFS over RDMA (RoCE)

Thank you !

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
We were pleasantly surprised that this system linked without issue at PCIe Gen4 16GT/s speeds and when we put a load on the drive we saw performance in-line with our initial benchmarks with the drive validating that it was indeed working at PCIe Gen4 speeds. This is an absolutely great feature.
Isn't this the expected behaviour with a passive backplane (no pcie switches)? I mean it's a backplane for an enterprise server and not some consumer stuff, the pcb should be of the highest quality.