ASROCK EPYCD8 - BMC Has No Dedicated Option?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
In the BIOS for my EPYCD8 I only see that the BMC is set to Failover and there is no way to change that (it's greyed out and not configurable). Is this indended? I prefer to use dedicated for my IPMI interfaces and not failover.

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
I had a similar bug in my X470D4U which was due to a duplicate MAC being used on both the IPMI NIC and the NCSI NIC - ASRock shipped me a util called BMCMAC to fix it, at another user's request I uploaded it here a few days back. Perhaps worth a shot?
Else I suspect you'd need to open a ticket with their support bods.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I had a similar bug in my X470D4U which was due to a duplicate MAC being used on both the IPMI NIC and the NCSI NIC - ASRock shipped me a util called BMCMAC to fix it, at another user's request I uploaded it here a few days back. Perhaps worth a shot?
Else I suspect you'd need to open a ticket with their support bods.
Thank you for this. Sounds exactly like my problem because I've also seen funny behavior between my BMC NIC and eth0. I will give this a shot.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
@EffrafaxOfWug So I ran the command as you outline in your post but I just get the following output. Did you have to edit any of the files included with BMCMAC?

Code:
Get eth00 Mac Address Fail
Get eth00 Mac Address Fail

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
I didn't edit any of the files, just used an offset of 0x40000 myself as seen in the ProgramMac.sh. Are you using the linux or the DOS version? The linux version included a supplemental file, asrripmi, which I was unable to include here due to space constraints but I've just attached an xz-compressed version to the original post.

Of course, it's also possible a newer version of the util might be required for newer motherboards depending on what magic numbers might be in play behind the scenes.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Ahh, yes I'm using Linux and I did notice that file was missing. Thank you, will try this again this evening!

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was actually required or not and wasn't able to upload it just using deflate compression; hopefully adding that'll do the trick. Imagine it'll need to be made executable and if you didn't notice already the software apparently has dependencies on ipmitool and libncurses5-dev as well.

I didn't bother running any of their scripts, just executed ./BMCMAC directly as root. Hopefully it'll work this time!