asic or gpu miner?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thomson

Jun 9, 2018
Which is the best to start mining with ASIC or GPU miners? Can any one suggest which miner to go for?

Aria

Jun 13, 2018
The selection of miners depends on the crypto currency you want to mine. If you specially want to mine ethereum than you will have to choose up GPU miner or if your interested in other alt coins than you need to pick an ASIC miner. In gpu miner i would suggest you to choose up a miner with Rx580 graphic cards and in asic you can go for S9 or A3 miners.

Petrion

Jun 15, 2018
For a profitable deal you should start mining ethereum. If you want to start mining for profit then you should try to mine with numerous miners as mining with single machine won't yield much profit in short time.

ethan

Jun 20, 2018
Rightly said mining with a single machine will take you a long time to have a handful of ethereum coins. So you can try mining with powerful graphic cards like P102 but there is shortage for these cards, if you can find it then it will be a good deal.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
GPU's are much more flexible, you can mine almost any coin on them, and MUCH easier to sell in the future.

Reactions: Tha_14

EJD

Jul 22, 2018
Louisiana
airwire.io
I definitely second what Klee said; the versatility and resale of cards is just a much better option. To really profit with ASICs you either need an "in" with a large distributor and have your machines setup and configured early -- and prior to the rest of PoS miners with ASICs so you can make a profit prior to the network hashrate diff getting crazy high from your competition. Save ASICs for when you have the resources to scale a fairly large operation, otherwise you'll end up with a paperweight when the next better revision releases.

Reactions: Tha_14