Aruba AP to IAP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joccccc

Feb 16, 2023
I have successfully flashed my AP-315 to Instant (6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2), i can access the web interface (Welcome to Instant, Virtual Controller), but i cannot login to that. As i know, the default user/passwd is admin/admin on older versions and admin/<uppercase serialnumber> on new versions, but i get "Login failed" with any combination.
I can access it over ssh with admin/admin, but it writes: "Warning: CLI module is running in a degraded state...." and i cannot set anything.
Complicates the situation that the UART port is broken (Tx works, but Rx pin is broken), i've made the reflash process over BLE console in Aruba Utilities(Android), everything went OK, but i can no longer access the BLE console since the reflash.
I'm out of ideas... what can i do?

l7777

Feb 1, 2021
I have successfully flashed my AP-315 to Instant (6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2), i can access the web interface (Welcome to Instant, Virtual Controller), but i cannot login to that. As i know, the default user/passwd is admin/admin on older versions and admin/<uppercase serialnumber> on new versions, but i get "Login failed" with any combination.
I can access it over ssh with admin/admin, but it writes: "Warning: CLI module is running in a degraded state...." and i cannot set anything.
Complicates the situation that the UART port is broken (Tx works, but Rx pin is broken), i've made the reflash process over BLE console in Aruba Utilities(Android), everything went OK, but i can no longer access the BLE console since the reflash.
I'm out of ideas... what can i do?
You can't just flash the firmware. You must make changes in Uboot which is only available via the console. You'll need to disassemble and replace the broken pin or attach wires to the board. Console access is not optional for the conversion. See post 35. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/aruba-ap-to-iap.29426/post-280609

Joccccc

Feb 16, 2023
You can't just flash the firmware. You must make changes in Uboot which is only available via the console. You'll need to disassemble and replace the broken pin or attach wires to the board. Console access is not optional for the conversion. See post 35. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/aruba-ap-to-iap.29426/post-280609
I've made the conversion according to that post, all the 9 steps went OK, I can access the webUI login page.
Not the pin itself is broken, there is no physical damage, but maybe somebody overvoltaged it before (used rs232, not TTL level UART).

Crystoz

Sep 6, 2023
Everything worked with ap325, version Hercules_8.6.0.21
Thank you all:)
I dont know if someone will read this. But i cant seem to get my FTP to work. I can connect it using a username and no PW, but as it seems Aruba wants neither of both.

Code:
apboot> upgrade os ArubaInstant_Hercules_8.3.0.0_64659
eth1: link up, speed 1 Gb/s, full duplex
Using eth1 device
TFTP from server 192.168.178.93; our IP address is 192.168.178.109
Filename 'ArubaInstant_Hercules_8.3.0.0_64659'.
Load address: 0x44000000
Loading: T T T T T T T T T T
Retry count exceeded; starting again
eth0: link down
eth1: link up, speed 1 Gb/s, full duplex
Edit: Solved It was my local Firewall..

Last edited:

aknet

Sep 25, 2023
I am having few old 325 units which run on old APBoot and not allow to flash the firmware >14MB.
Does anyone know a way to extract the boot file (ipq806x.ari) from a newer unit to upgrade the old ones ?

Surfarn_

Jul 11, 2020
Hi,

What is the latest ArubaInstant_Hercules_8.x firmware name? I need the full filename so I can download it from the aruba site.

Thanks

ilorenzo

Jun 8, 2021
I am having few old 325 units which run on old APBoot and not allow to flash the firmware >14MB.
Does anyone know a way to extract the boot file (ipq806x.ari) from a newer unit to upgrade the old ones ?
Did you solve your problem?
I also have an ap-315 with an older apboot and I am unable to upload newer firmware with a larger capacity. If you've already figured it out, maybe you could help me?