Aruba 2540 experiences?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cape

Oct 28, 2015
I have a local liquidation company that is auctioning off a among other things an HPE/Aruba 2540 (JL356A). Current high bid after a week is (local equivalent of) 10 USD, which seems like a very good deal, right? (Most of the other stuff sold is not IT related, so I'm guessing/hoping that's why there aren't any other bidders)
Anyone with experiences with this switch? I haven't used any Aruba kit previously, so interested in if there are any annoyances around configuration or similar. Also, noise-wise, the data sheet claims 54.1 dB on power-up and 40.6 dB during normal operations, has anyone tried swapping the fans?

Link to Aruba specs: 2540 Series

Kewjoe

Feb 3, 2019
HPE 2540 for $10 USD is insane. Snatch that up quick. I don't have any personal experience with it. But from my research in switches it is highly regarded. Check ebay, they go for >$1000

Cape

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks! We'll see if there are some canny people involved waiting till the last moment, but I remain hopeful that it is simply the "wrong audience" and people just think it looks bulky :)

Just one, I'm afraid, @dudewheresmycisco.