Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

raxxeh

Jul 30, 2019
Since everyone hid links and that's quite frustrating when needing them in a hurry or searching, here's a collection

[Deleted Link. Please do not post links to copyrighted content per forum rules]

Last edited by a moderator:

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
If you read the thread there's a reason they're hidden, posting them publicly as you've just done risks getting Patrick the site owner in trouble as arista actually follows up on these, links have been removed before and I'm sure yours will too

gmaxwheel

Dec 24, 2019
Just a FYI--

From reading this thread I had the impression that 4.18.x was the latest that would work on DCS-7050QX-32 (not 32s), but in fact 4.21.8M works fine on them.

cloudkitten_

Aug 17, 2016
I have two 7050-64 on my desk running EOS-4.19.0F.swi. I'm looking for the recommended firmware, It'll do some vlan with mlag?

Toddh

Jan 30, 2013
So I have read through the thread, I just bought a DCS-7050QX-32S. Is there official word on what the most current firmware is that the S model will run?

Toddh

Jan 30, 2013
I cannot pass IP traffic over the switch.

I picked up a new DCS7050QX-32S. I have the firmware upgraded to 4.21.1 F. Connected four new Mellanox compatible cables purchased from fs.com. Originally I had the error on the transceiver which I corrected with the command here.

The ports in the switch show connected it 40 GB.

Currently my Windows 19 hosts show the ports connected but I cannot pass IP traffic through the switch. I'm using the Mellanox 354a-FCBT cards. If I bypass the switch and connect the cables between 2 servers I can ping fine. I have disabled the Windows firewall.

Is there something I need to enable in the switch to move IP traffic?

patchate

Jul 3, 2016
I cannot pass IP traffic over the switch.

I picked up a new DCS7050QX-32S. I have the firmware upgraded to 4.21.1 F. Connected four new Mellanox compatible cables purchased from fs.com. Originally I had the error on the transceiver which I corrected with the command here.

The ports in the switch show connected it 40 GB.

Currently my Windows 19 hosts show the ports connected but I cannot pass IP traffic through the switch. I'm using the Mellanox 354a-FCBT cards. If I bypass the switch and connect the cables between 2 servers I can ping fine. I have disabled the Windows firewall.

Is there something I need to enable in the switch to move IP traffic?
By default, all traffic passes through vlan 1 on the switch. It should just work as long as you're not using vlans on the 19s and have IP assigned.

Check the arp table on the switch to see if the switch is actually picking up network interfaces that are connected.

Toddh

Jan 30, 2013
By default, all traffic passes through vlan 1 on the switch. It should just work as long as you're not using vlans on the 19s and have IP assigned.

Check the arp table on the switch to see if the switch is actually picking up network interfaces that are connected.
I will fire up the switch and servers today and check the ARP.

Toddh

Jan 30, 2013
No entries in the ARP table except the management interface.

I am using Mellanox compatible QSFP cables that I bought new from FS.com. I chatted with a tech from FS.com today and his response was the Arista datasheet only lists Arista DAC, so he told me to buy a $50 Arista cable rather than the $19 Mellanox.

From the initial post by Patrick Mellanox cables should work, or am I missing something?

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
did you run the command to enable 3rd party DAC/s optics on the arista? granted if that was the issue the switch wouldn't say the port is up at 40gbE

sounds like an IP layer config issue on the hosts

patchate

Jul 3, 2016
I've run into issues where this particular switch simply does not pick up the transceivers regardless. But yeah, I'd follow fohdeesha's recommendation to enable third party optics (just write enable3px file into the flash I think?) and then run shutdown/no shutdown command from within the config interface of the particular interface you're trying to enable so that third party transceiver is brought up. Without the shutdown/no shutdown command, third party transceivers will not automatically bring themselves online upon insertion. You should see a green light when the transceiver is active and communicating.

Reactions: nedimzukic2

Toddh

Jan 30, 2013
Still not getting the switch to pass traffic. I have tried 4.22.5f and 4.21.5f.

Anyone have a link to 4.18.11M?