Are there any PDUs that can measure power consumption per outlet and are networked??

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
I use Raritan PDUs that do this per outlet. What size do you want? What voltage?

The old 1U units (DPXR8-15) are EOL but work fine.
The newer 1U units (PX3-5145R) are new but $$$.

Cixelyn

Researcher
Nov 7, 2018
San Francisco
We also use Raritan PDUs -- I actually really like the PX3/iX7 generation controllers. Been meaning to upload a small mini-review at some point of the units we installed in our lab.

The PX3-5000 series are switched-per-outlet. If you only need per-outlet metering, the 4000 series stuff might be slightly cheaper.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Use HPE G2 metered and switched PDU’s
(bonus that the network is 1G if you don’t have switch that support 10/100 etc)

I believe they are made by APC for HPE. Anyway are good from my point of view.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I use Raritan PDUs that do this per outlet. What size do you want? What voltage?

The old 1U units (DPXR8-15) are EOL but work fine.
The newer 1U units (PX3-5145R) are new but $$$.
1U is fine, it doesn't need to be zero U mountable since it's for a lab.

Voltage would be standard 110V I guess. I won't be loading it up with more than 12 amps.

The other recommendations look great but too costly. I have some APC PDUs that have amperage display and some networking capability but nothing robust and it's not per outlet.

Since I may not be able to use PMBus capability with my SM whitebox builds, I wanted to be able to measure per device consumption without resorting to a bunch of kill-a-watt meters or something.

The DPXR8-15 looks great.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Eaton has some new models with a management portal that allows you to monitor and control ports individually.
Assuming you need a standard power plug the EMAT08-10 model would work, but its not real cheap (around $400) and controls 8 ports, IIRC it also has temp and humidity built into it so thats a plus too.
EMAT08-10 | Eaton Managed Rack PDU | Eaton

Or the more basic just metered (still around $300):
EMIT08-10 | Eaton Metered Input rack PDU | Eaton

If you wanna get funky on power input plugs you might be able to get various ones cheaper on ebay.

Last edited:

DRAGONKZ

Apr 9, 2018
I’ve got some APC AP8659 PDUs and they do metering and switching per port.

Take a look at the AP86XX range if you need both metering and switching :)