Arago 930-8i

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
Hi,

I recently got a Arago 930-8i in order to have 2 SSD in RAID1 for installing an ESXi7 server. I choose this card because it was on the VMware list and was cheap enough (I just need basic redundancy).
The card is use with a Supermicro X10SDV.

I was confused first as I was not able to get into the RAID card BIOS. I am used to ARECA devices and thought it would be the same... After reading some documentation, I discover that I can configure the card via a couple of tools on Windows. I install 2016srv (I had a spare licence) and the tool suite but the card is not visible via LSI storage Authority. I also noticed that the device is not correctly configured under devices manager (exclamation mark) and recognize as a 530-8i instead of a 930-8i.

Does anyone have any tips that will allow me to get RAID1 working ? I assume the card will natively be recognize under ESXi7, but I did not verify it by installing a dummy version.

Kind regards,

Serge

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
forget about the 930... I have a 530, so drivers recognize it correctly. Still, there is an exclamation marks in device manager, impossible to have it working.

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
Nothing a good night sleep can't beat ;).
I manage to have the card working by changing an option in the BIOS PCIe menu (found it here on the forum). The card was detected in the UEFI upon reboot and I was able to configure RAID1 with my 2 disks. Everything was recognized and running smooth under ESXi7. Time to move the VM ;).
I read a lot about the flash FW of this card. Looks interesting but I am staying with SATA performance, that is more than what I need.