Apple's M1 CPU single core performance (nearly?) beating Zen3 :-O

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
I'll say it once again: __no real workload tests shown__ only some marketing bs.
Let's agree to disagree. SpecInt2006 isn't marketing bs. Most of the SpecInt2006 A14 numbers WERE indeed estimated, but given AnandTech superior previous accuracy in their benchmark estimations, I tend to think these would be very close real ones.
Also, GeekBench6 Single thread was run (not estimated) and nearly beat Ryzen 9 5950X. Again A14 tested was 5W SoC. Power/Performance they are already ahead of Intel (based on SpecInt2006).
I am NOT saying that we should all take it for granted, but these early numbers indicate that real numbers look extremely promising.

Vesalius

Nov 25, 2019
Will be interesting to see those number verified with actual M1 test by anandtech and others. They do more with less resource requirement in the mobile market now as the Anandtech summarized. Also interested to see where they go next and how the expand thier silicon into the iMac and Mac Pro desktop market. Nice to see them push AMD and others. Intellectual Competition is a good thing, even if DIYers are unlikely to directly benefit.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
AFAIK Apple leans towards enforcing OS X. Even if this would be possible, there will be no graphics driver/name every proprietary driver.
So if it doesn't run the software I want...it's not really useful, no matter how fast it is.

Reactions: Zhang

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Apple Silicon has a stupidly high PPW but AMD and the rest of the industry aren't standing still.