APOD SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Module - 10GBase-T Transceiver for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti, Netgear, D-

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sparky3387

May 24, 2017
Has anyone purchased one of these? They are only 30$ and apparantly support Mikrotik routers and 2.5/5GBASE-T, do they support Jumbo frames?

Reactions: Samir

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I mentioned this elsewhere. These did not work in our testing at 2.5GbE and 5GbE negotiating with AQuantia (Marvell) or Realtek NICs. They do support jumbo frames.

Rohit's review is coming (scheduled on 1/19.) So far 6 of 9 have worked at 2.5GbE and 5GbE speeds in the test setups. This was not one of them. We will have a review of one that works on Sunday.

For 10Gbase-T, this is OK.

Reactions: anomaly and Samir

applepi

Jun 15, 2013
I tried these in my Chelsio T320 card and Intel X520-DA2 but I cannot seem get them to negotiate 1gbps I can get it to look like its working on the T3 card but it doesn't show the link up in Linux nor in a passed-through windows VM. I do not have another 10gbps BASE-T interface to try to connect to so I'm not sure if it works or not. One thing of note, when it's plugged into the NICs not doing anything it gets pretty hot, almost to hot to touch.

Reactions: Samir