APC Smart-UPS 1500 Pure-Sine Wave

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cadamwil

Jan 16, 2014
Nashville, TN
I bought something from them probably 5 years ago and got what I ordered. If they fail to ship and bill me, oh well, but I’ll let y’all know. I just couldn’t pass up the deal and ordered two.

fractal

Jun 7, 2016
I have bought from them before, and like cadamwil, got what I bought. Usually not the best price but sometimes you get a clearance at a good but not great price. This is not to show dis respect to those who have had bad results, but I for one have been "ok" with them.

Reactions: T_Minus

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Oh I'm sure they will bill you...what self respecting scammer wouldn't? They'll likely just ship something either related to what you ordered, like a label for it worth 10c, or something else completely duff like the empty box it should come in...then you are left fighting to get your money back, meanwhile they have an interest free loan to play with until the card/ insurance company catches up with them :)

Richard Wad

Feb 7, 2017
They could get away with a pricing mistake easily on Ebay but not so much on Amazon. If any sales were denied they will be penalized for it.

I_D

Aug 3, 2017
Oh I'm sure they will bill you...what self respecting scammer wouldn't? They'll likely just ship something either related to what you ordered, like a label for it worth 10c, or something else completely duff like the empty box it should come in...then you are left fighting to get your money back, meanwhile they have an interest free loan to play with until the card/ insurance company catches up with them :)
That only lasts until a few of us show up on their doorstep with some baseball bats.
You don't F with the STH gang! :D

All kidding aside, I can't remember the last time we had a power outage here in Belgium, do you Americans get a lot of em?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I wouldn't know, I'm not American, I'm Scottish, living in Canada :D

I get the odd outage here after really heavy/ sustained rain, or really bad storm, but to be fair to the power co here, they do their best to keep the lights on. My UPS does a grand job of keeping the lights on when the power co fails to, at least for the 5 mins it takes me to shutdown gracefully :)

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
i took a chance on an order of 2. amazon is usually pretty good about protecting my purchases. and if that turns into a hassle, my credit card will usually credit me the disputed purchase immediately with a 2 minute phone call.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I'm gonna guess you receive the unit and all batteries are dead or will die within 2-3 months.

cadamwil

Jan 16, 2014
Nashville, TN
My boss, who ordered maybe 5:45-6:15 Central, received an email from them this morning at 7:00 AM Central saying that shipping was delayed since it was shipping from the manufacturer, and that if time was a concern, it may be wise to cancel. I haven't received anything of the sort from my two. Checking their order status page shows "Tranferred from regional warehouse to central carrier shipping hub" which is also what his order status shows.

Adam

Last edited:

cadamwil

Jan 16, 2014
Nashville, TN
That only lasts until a few of us show up on their doorstep with some baseball bats.
You don't F with the STH gang! :D

All kidding aside, I can't remember the last time we had a power outage here in Belgium, do you Americans get a lot of em?
I think this varies greatly depending on neighborhood and region. So, in Nashville, my neighborhood uses above the ground power and we tend to have a fairly wooded neighborhood. So, if storms come in violently, power can blip and if a tree falls into the lines we will lose power for a while. I'm lucky in that my power run is almost direct to the sub station .5 miles way (.8 km) away. That said, I don't want to corrupt my data on my ZFS array because I was too cheap. ;)

Adam