APC 7902 PDU's

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MatrixMJK

Aug 21, 2014
I did.

Thanks for the heads up on them!

It will be nice having switched outlets. Metered outlets would be cool, but for that price, I'm happy.

(Just hope they work, I'm sure they do, but the listing said they had no way of testing them)

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I wouldn't worry too much. They are equipment recyclers, they likely don't have qualified staff on hand to safety test them and cannot therefore certify them as such. Hence their disclaimer. There's little to go wrong with these things anyway, but they can be repaired quite easily by any good tech if all else fails. I'm glad another member here got them, for the money it was hard to pass up buying all of them :D
I only needed 1 for myself, so I thought I would share the love :)

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I received mine yesterday, clean and hardly a mark on it. It almost looks like it's new, works perfectly. One of my better bargains I think :)

MatrixMJK

Aug 21, 2014
Got mine yesterday and they work fine as well. I swapped out the main power cable to a 20amp plug (just have to make sure not to overload it).

Are you aware of a way to reset the IP/network without a serial cable? I have a cable somewhere, but if there is a quicker way it would be helpful.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Not that I'm aware of. I just did the hold the reset button for 10 secs, let go and press it again to reset to apc/apc :)

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
@MatrixMJK Just in case you're unaware, the latest firmware for these PDU's (OS ver: 3.9.0 & Application ver: 3.7.4) is available on the APC website: Country Selection Page

You'll also be wanting the security wizard tool as well to generate a root certificate/ ssl keys etc :)
Thanks for reminding me. I DL'd this a few days ago and promptly forgot about it. Just updated mine so now I can forget about it again. :)

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
You can set the IP address temporarily by "arp stuffing" it. Set a manual mapping between the desired IP and the MAC of the APC (on the bottom label), ping the IP a few times with length 113, then you can telnet to that IP and go into the configuration and set the address for real.

Google for "apc arp ping 113" and there are a ton of examples.