Anyone used this switch?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
One thing I really like about Netgear switches is that they publish their source code (at least for the base OS) when derived from work covered by GPL (which they all are).

See here: NETGEAR Open Source Code for Programmers (GPL) | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I have used this in the past to understand some quirkiness in their SNMP reporting on a GS110TP POE switch. Unfortunately, the sources for the new multi-speed switches (like this one) do not seem to be published there yet.

Last edited:

hjfr

Nov 21, 2013
France
For GS110EMX owner : it's a basic "smart mangeable switch", no ? (example the IP adress of the switch can be set in a vlan ? (admin vlan))

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
For GS110EMX owner : it's a basic "smart mangeable switch", no ? (example the IP adress of the switch can be set in a vlan ? (admin vlan))
Yes - it is a web managed smart switch. You can set the IP address, you can define VLANs, you can move the management IP into one of the VLANs. You can define simple QoS rules.

But - it is not a fully managed switch. For example, there is no SNMP agent for stats or integration with a management/monitoring system like Zabbix.

It works great. Rock solid.

Reactions: hjfr

hjfr

Nov 21, 2013
France
Thanks for your answer.
No snmp: bad news :(
The documentation from Netgear is really succinct (no picture of the web interface, ...). I didn't find any test/review .