Anyone tried these water coolers?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
I'm between these two for an i7-7700K build. I'll get the AM4 bracket and use that when I swap later.

$65 option Amazon.com: DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN120 EX Visible Liquid Cooling Water Cooler Liquid Cooler 120mm Radiator White LED Light (AM4 Bracket Available): Computers & Accessories
or
$65 option Amazon.com: Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60: Computers & Accessories

The first looks wild. The second looks corporate. They'll be in the case but if one is much better I'll order it. Else I'll get the Corsair.

I don't plan to overclock. I just want to see back to back on some web software we have Ryzen or Intel

herby

Aug 18, 2013
I used a Corsair H70 in a build back in 2011 was pretty happy with, had a fairly quiet pump. It looks like the H60's radiator is thinner but probably still good.

I upgraded the fans on my H70 to 1850 RPM Gentle Typhoons in push/pull. Cooled my 125W TDP 1090T well; still does, just now in a machine I built my sister.

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
I tought about using Corsair AIO coolers on my Z9PA-D8 board with two E5-2670. Mainly because of space/layout constraints (sockets are really close) and resulting airflow issues, the heatsinks blow hot air on the top RAM modules. After a bit of digging and comparing I discovered that many people had corrosion issues. Search for "Corsair hydro gunk" or "Corsair hydro corrosion".

fractal

Jun 7, 2016
Is your HSF the loudest component in your system or do you have a very compact case that will not take a full size HSF?

If not, why do you want an AIO water cooler? Air cooling works better and cheaper for most users. This is what I discovered when I tried to cool my i7-4770k that hovered at 80c running BOINC. I was looking at 200 to get into a full component water cooling setup to perform better than air.

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
Is there a way to prevent the leaking of the AIO? Such as wrapping the end of the tube etc.