Anyone Mining Burst?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
I've repurposed most of my burst drives for customer use. Burst was a real bust. By the time I got a lot of drives plotted, the earnings fell through the floor. Huge waste of time. Also a waste of money.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
I'm still mining Burst and holding everything. So the current ROI is meaningless to me. Currently at 848TB. Received another 288TB of drives this week so those are plotting now. So I will be joining the 1PB club shortly.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I'm still mining Burst and holding everything. So the current ROI is meaningless to me. Currently at 848TB. Received another 288TB of drives this week so those are plotting now. So I will be joining the 1PB club shortly.
NICE! Its a fun club to be in. Its crazy how far above 1PB some of the guys are though....I am not going to bother trying to compete with those guys.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
NICE! Its a fun club to be in. Its crazy how far above 1PB some of the guys are though....I am not going to bother trying to compete with those guys.
I've glanced at the CG 100-0 pool and was like holy hell. Haven't looked lately but I swear I saw one approaching 8PB. That is just insane.

Assume your at the 1PB mark as well? If so we need to chat. I would love to see your setup. I'm still moving things around but I run all my disks in Dell Powervault MD1200's (2 MD1220's as well) and my host machines are in cheap Rosewill chassis. Those are all Ryzen 1700's. So I run 36 drives per CPU.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I've glanced at the CG 100-0 pool and was like holy hell. Haven't looked lately but I swear I saw one approaching 8PB. That is just insane.

Assume your at the 1PB mark as well? If so we need to chat. I would love to see your setup. I'm still moving things around but I run all my disks in Dell Powervault MD1200's (2 MD1220's as well) and my host machines are in cheap Rosewill chassis. Those are all Ryzen 1700's. So I run 36 drives per CPU.
Yeah I am right near 1PB, If you ever use discord I am on there almost all the time if you wanted to chat.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Yeah I am right near 1PB, If you ever use discord I am on there almost all the time if you wanted to chat.
I don't, but I can (I'm a Teamspeak scrub from the gaming days). Which specific discord are you referring to? Feel free to PM the link.

maze

Apr 27, 2013
curious to see your setups.. 1PB is a bit :)

Old drives scraped from gear or new?

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Wauw... is ROI within this century? With the cifrene prices I mean..

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I am seeing a %23 return on my investment annually. If anyone is aware of any investments that do better I would love to hear of them because I want in.

Mishka

Apr 30, 2017
London, UK
All new or new ish. I am running all 8TB disks I linked an album of some of the pics from my journey.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ajJwCP5JwmVYBNMK6
Very nice setup, are you running in some kind of raid or just alot of individual drives for Burst to use? Would be curious what your power usage for each of the 24 bay units when fully populated as I am guessing they are kinda running just as a DAS/SAS Expanded storage array

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Very nice setup, are you running in some kind of raid or just alot of individual drives for Burst to use? Would be curious what your power usage for each of the 24 bay units when fully populated as I am guessing they are kinda running just as a DAS/SAS Expanded storage array
Each of those is its own server, burst is CPU intensive enough that I could not run that many disks on one machine. Also those are not 24 bay servers, each there are 2 36 bay machines and one 72. All of the disks are individual drives, no arrays.

katilinus

Oct 8, 2018
If I am honest, I was looking for a possible excuse to buy stuff :)). My calculations brought me to the same conclusion - not worth it at the moment.
thank you for the fast reply