Anyone looking for a good deal on an Eaton 6kVA UPS?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Hey guys,

I just purchased a Eaton 9PX6KTF5 (208V 6kVA UPS with a 120V stepdown transformer) from a guy on eBay. After he found out the batteries had past expiration he is having a brand new unit direct from Eaton drop shipped to me. The price was $2,450. Best price I've found them for is ~$4k + shipping (which costs a lot for the weight). Should be delivered around Monday, have tracking number already.

Anyway, he has another one that he is sending back to Eaton and was asking me if I wanted it so he could save some money on shipping it back to him and then afterwards trying to sell it. I would have bought it but I simply don't have the need or space to store it. So I figured perhaps someone around here might be interested in it?

Seller is htiav2008. And again, it is a Eaton 9PX6KTF5 and he will most likely take $2,450. He also has some Eaton 9PX6 208V UPS units without the transformers that I suspect he will best offer for $2k (HERE).

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
Hey guys,

I just purchased a Eaton 9PX6KTF5 (208V 6kVA UPS with a 120V stepdown transformer) from a guy on eBay. After he found out the batteries had past expiration he is having a brand new unit direct from Eaton drop shipped to me. The price was $2,450. Best price I've found them for is ~$4k + shipping (which costs a lot for the weight). Should be delivered around Monday, have tracking number already.

Anyway, he has another one that he is sending back to Eaton and was asking me if I wanted it so he could save some money on shipping it back to him and then afterwards trying to sell it. I would have bought it but I simply don't have the need or space to store it. So I figured perhaps someone around here might be interested in it?

Seller is htiav2008. And again, it is a Eaton 9PX6KTF5 and he will most likely take $2,450. He also has some Eaton 9PX6 208V UPS units without the transformers that I suspect he will best offer for $2k (HERE).
That is a good deal, especially for Eaton.. Too bad it's in the US shipping is a killer here.

6kVA 230/208 is pretty big for home.

If folks are looking for a good online UPS I can recommend the Liebert GXT series. I just picked up a GXT3 3kVA 120v unit for $225 off of eBay new in box.

Only problem with these bigger units is the Electrician need to legally wire it up. It's about 400$ to get mine done Inc permits and the 15ft wire run+5-30r recepticle.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Yea I figure it is a bit much for most home use but figure there are plenty of people here that work IT jobs or run tech companies.

I like Eaton especially for their software. It IMO integrates the best with virtualization platforms. Really impressive compared to the rest I think. And it is like 10-15dB quiter than tripplite and apc units I've had in the past.