Anyone have connections at HPE? iLO4 fw 2.70 supports HTML5 KVM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
Anyone know someone over at HPE that might be able to provide a link to the new iLO4 firmware package? The release notes are up (and have been since last month) and HTML5 KVM support is finally in, but the actual download link is nowhere to be found. This would be really, really nice to have in hand.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03334036

Link shows down for maintenance at ~2AM my time, here's a mirrored copy:

iLO 4 2.70 release notes Download_emr_na-c03334036-23.pdf

(I'm going to cry actual tears if this was an April 1st gag on HPE's part)

arglebargle

Jul 15, 2018

arglebargle

Jul 15, 2018
What is one of your machine models?
DL360p, DL380p gen8.

I've done the legwork already man, I'm just looking for a lead on an actual download link for the new and not-yet-posted firmware. I'm sure they'll post it eventually but it would be real nice to dump my bounce VM and just admin these machines straight from my Chromebook (without kicking over to crouton to launch Firefox.)

arglebargle

Jul 15, 2018
There's another interesting mention in the release notes - HPESBHF03917. Try googling that.
Yeah, that was one of the queries I punched in last night, both through Google and HP's security site. Google just gives back a single result linking to the release document for 2.70 and the security bulletin isn't listed on HP's security site yet.

It seems like the 2.70 firmware release notes were uploaded early, I just haven't had any luck locating the actual package. I'm sure they'll post it eventually I was just hoping someone had a rep or contact they could ask about it, this would be super useful to many, many people.

Last edited:

arglebargle

Jul 15, 2018
Neat, I thought HPE had their firmware behind a paywall, is this something new or they allow open downloads for ILO updates only?
I don't know the history here that well but I think the paywall stuff ended when HPE split off from HP.

I think the support site insists that you be logged in to download some things but it's free to create an account so that's not a big deal.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Ok, what it looks like is all the firmware files individually are available to download without a paywall in the way, but if you want to download the Service Pack ISO"s (bootable, all firmware updates on single DVD) you need to have a valid support contract on a piece of hardware.

Code:
Support validation required
An active warranty or support agreement covering Proliant servers must be linked to your HPE Support Center profile to access this application.