Anyone getting back in lately?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Now that BTC has taken out its all time highs in the last few months, has anyone been getting back into the mining game?

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I'm running nicehash on my desktop while I work. The amd 3900x and 2080 ti makes about 3.5 a day profit. Since pc on anyways for work, might as well mine.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Those in the post crash market still keeping their equipment or dumping them?
I purchased 2 prebuilt systems with 3090 cards. The cards on ebay are going for more then i paid for the systems. So i can sell them and make a little more then my purchase money back. Or i can keep mining at the lower payout rate and wait for coins to go back up and cash out later.

Right now, since i am reporting the coin activity on taxes, the two systems will be consider business expenses and help offset the profit from investment and mining for the year. If i sold the equipment, i would get more profits but lose the business expenses.

So what everyone plans?

PS i can still game on the pcs when not mining, if i have time for that lol.

Totalfreq

Jul 3, 2021
Yep been in an out since 2010 but wys mining something. Probably about 3,500MH/s ETH right now and 1,100TH/s BTC. I hit the brakes hard after surviving crypto winter 2018-2019. If those z9minis hadn't been able to 50% stable OC I never would have survived.

Currently working to build an 80 card 3060 rig on one dual xeon mobo just to stick it to NVidia. It's a build in process but those 3060s are solid at 60c in a Florida garage, 100w ea, and hashing about 45mh/s ea. A lot more efficient than the 10 series running before it lol. I have half the cards and half the cards pre-ordered hoping the otmrders come through before they move entirely to lhr which is more like rtx 20 card efficiencies.

Oh and if I were to guess. After the congressional hearing, a tangeable asset stable coin will likely be picked to do "research on", and it will likely be a ERC20 token so my feeling is ETH will be 8k by Sept
But this isn't investment advice. I solt 13 BTC in 2013 for nothing and 2.4MM doge for around $330, if I had a crystal ball I'd tell you but I don't. ETH just has marketshare, is fixing the gas issue, defi, nfts and other spaces are driving 85% of it...it's an OS and I have a feeling it's here to stay. Now BTC is way over inflated vs it's mining cost, it's slow and its old. But if ALGO and skybridge manage to merge BTC, ETH and ALGO allowing smart contracts and all other ETH'ness and Algos non-eth bound trading platforms...I think we will see a new hybrid crypto Era where a large cosmos (not necessarily the coin) of systems interact with one another...that is if regulation comes to legitimize it but not strangle it.

Last edited:

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
BTC down to 21k who still mining?

I have my two rigs still mining on nicehash. I think its around 1k power for two units and it current doing (6-15-22) 0.00031968 BTC or roughly $6.86 per day. I'm running solar so it still worth running them probably till return like 3 dollars a day then i may put them on hold.

So questions are:
1. keep mining and store?
2. Keep mining and sell asap?
3. Stop mining and sell equipment?

what are you guys doing?

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Well it's below 4 so I powered my units off. going to keep the hardware as it useful for other things and it's paid for by last year mining.