Anyone familiar with the ebay seller greenteksolutions?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gardar

Nov 15, 2012
Is anyone here familiar with the seller greenteksolutions on ebay?
The reason why I ask is that I got a great deal on some hardware from them, but when I tried to check out my card refused to go through and upon calling my bank I got the explanation that their automatic fraud protection system had flagged the transfer, I didn't get any further explanation why so I did some research myself and found out that they appear to have multiple accounts on ebay, or it could be someone else is using their name and pictures.
The accounts are:
greenteksolutions
greenteksolutions-b
greenteksolutions-c
greenteksolutions-d
greenteksolutions-e

Is this a known practice on ebay? I've been buying on ebay since 2004 and I've seen this before.
The accounts all have pretty good feedback so perhaps it's legit? Seller using multiple accounts to avoid some selling limits or something like that?

I'm not sure if this is related to why to fraud system at the bank flagged the payment, but I guess paypal should have me covered if everything goes wrong.

(I know I'm probably not posting this in the correct subforum, but since the ebay lurkers hang around here I decided to make this thread here, mods please move my post if this is against the rules. - Perhaps we need a new subforum for general ebay/market talk?)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I think I bought from them before without issues but a link to the seller might be helpful to check if it the one i think it is...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Nope, not the one I had in mind, that one was UK based iirc,
sorry.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I have one CC that I rarely use and when I do it's strictly local. Reason is they will flag nearly all non local / internet purchases as possible fraud and not honor it. I use Am Ex almost exclusively for on line purchases, never had a problem with them. If it's a large purchase, several hundred dollars, they'll text me and I'll respond if it's legit or not. Never has it not been legit.

gardar

Nov 15, 2012
I have one CC that I rarely use and when I do it's strictly local. Reason is they will flag nearly all non local / internet purchases as possible fraud and not honor it. I use Am Ex almost exclusively for on line purchases, never had a problem with them. If it's a large purchase, several hundred dollars, they'll text me and I'll respond if it's legit or not. Never has it not been legit.
Never ran into this issue before and I've been using this bank for a few years now, so that made me a bit worried.
I reached out the "main" account and asked them to clarify and they confirmed that they own all of the accounts and that there is no need to be alarmed.
Still not exactly sure what the purpose it serves to have multiple accounts...

forroden

Jan 1, 2017
I've bought from a few of their derivatives over the years. Never had an issue with any of them.

There's a few companies on there that use multiple names but sell the same products. Some of them aren't as obvious as these.
Core 4 Solutions and Rhino Technology come to mind

Reactions: Markess

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Sometimes its not an issue with Ebay limits or policies, but some other aspect to do with isolating sales of different types due to retail sales laws or tax codes. Non-Profit sellers that sell both items they receive cost free from donations AND items they buy for resale come to mind. Isolating sales by type through different Ebay accounts makes year-end filings easier.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I got a couple of Cisco bits and bobs from them a while ago, all went well as I remember, items were exactly as described :)