Anyone doing ETH mining in Docker?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Biren78

Jan 16, 2013
ETH is hot right now. Anyone got this mining? It looks good on both Amd and Nvidia.

java

Jan 28, 2013
Europe
Lots of people here have servers and running docker allows for easy updates and keeping things neat in containers.
Yes, but how you're going to start the ETH miner in Docker ? I can understand when we're dealing with Monero, ETH is a different beast, it requires GPU.

Reactions: Joel

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Yes, but how you're going to start the ETH miner in Docker ? I can understand when we're dealing with Monero, ETH is a different beast, it requires GPU.
This. There's nvidia-docker (AMD is SOL) but you'll still need a GPU. I'm looking into the ETH pathway not only because of the meteoric rise but that's probably the one currency I can profitably mine that doesn't require intermediate conversion through an exchange to get fiat currency.

Anyway, I was reading about CPU mining ETH and most consumer CPUs hash at something like 0.3MH/s as compared to even a lowly GTX 1050 that hashes at ~12MH/s. Xeons may fare better, but probably not much.